Thread: Alaska Waterfowl Association Free Membership Offer

Default Alaska Waterfowl Association Free Membership Offer

Lots happening at the last meeting, sorry I was pretty tied up yesterday to get the news out, but here it is.

The AWA is offering to new members a free membership until March. In March is their annual banquet which is when next years membership is due and is included in the price of the banquet tickets. More on this later. Right now, you need to email me (again) that you want membership, and your name, address, phone and email address. I will put togethe a list and send it in to them. You will then be a voting member in the AWA and have full rights in decision making for the club. Of course, you have to attend the meetings in order to vote. Next meeting will be Dec 10th, 7 pm, Sourdough Mining Company.

Lots happening with the club. We discussed a number of projects. Tom Rothe is checking with F&G to see if a permit is required for the brush clearing project to open back up some nesting areas. Another project is that where the ATV's have damaged the trail to Cottonwood, it could quickly open up a drain and drain about 2 sq miles of prime nesting area, and that has to be filled in and repaired before that happens. A shoot at birtchwood is in the works, as is the youth shoot this summer.

The AWA is going to sponser the Waterfowl Forum and will be listed up at the beginning of the forum shortly with their logo and web page address. The AWA website is being updated.

There were many other items touched on at the meeting, but before we can get a lot done, we need some more board members to help direct the club and they need people on the steering committee (reviews and studies and reccomends different club projects and events). If anybody is interested in being on either of these committies, let us know, biggest expectation of a committee/board memeber is to attend most meetings.

There are a lot of things happening this winter with the AWA and we hope all of you will join and put yourself in a postion to play a active part in the direction this club will take.

Bud
    Wasilla

Thanks Bud. Open to the duck hunting public. We are trying to get some new blood in an old, established, organization. The basic goal is geared toward helping out our sport and the local hunting community. Why not plan to make an appearance for our dinner meeting at the Sourdough Minning Company, 7 Pm, December 10, 2012. Come on out and see what we are trying to get together. Then if your interested, jump in. Duckdon

I forgot my email so you can send me membership information:

budbassc21@yahoo.com

your name
    your address
    your phone number
    your email address
    Wasilla