Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Vince..................

Cool Congratulations Vince..................

.........On your successful election to the Fairbanks Fish and Game Advisory Committee.

http://www.newsminer.com/pages/full_...s_editors_desk
    Now what ?

The big plus in getting Vince on the AC will be continued cow hunts, as long as area bios want them. The Fbks AC has had a real tug of war between members in the past on authorizing cow hunts.
    I'm glad to see both Vince and Andy get on.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Great news indeed. Sounds like you guys up that way have a strong voice on your side

Vince going big time next thing you know be running for the mayor gig up there..

Default congrats

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Vince going big time next thing you know be running for the mayor gig up there..
    Up there heck! Everyone knows that Wasilla Mayor-ship is the real springboard to..... uh... wherever.

Pseudo-(outdoors oriented, or course) politics aside:

Congrats Vince! Alaska resources will benefit from your work I'm sure (and have), and I hope you find what you're looking for in that arrangement too - you gotta feed Vince along the way while you're doing good for others or it can't last.

Winning is a double edge sword.Vince won member of the year and what happened.Fight for the right young man.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Congrats sir. Kinda loose on the sir, congrats non the less.

Default Congratulations Vince..................

Glad to hear it!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Thanks Guys, Andrew is also a member here, though he's not been frequent of late with his other happenings. and a hell of a good guy. makes sense since i am at most of the AC meetings in Fbx, Clear, and make delta a few times a year.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    ), and I hope you find what you're looking for in that arrangement too - you gotta feed Vince along the way while you're doing good for others or it can't last.

not sure what your implication here is... there is no arrangment, just me doing my part...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    not sure what your implication here is... there is no arrangment, just me doing my part...
    No no, no implication. Just saying that with all the extra work involved in doing your new chores, I'm hoping you find your own satisfaction or other personal benefit, in return. Or, for example, after working more with the people you will be, and spending more time in the field like you have already, you're likely to learn even more about moose habitats, food preferences, etc.

Fun things to learn.

Good, now stop the midwinter antlerless hunts. They are whacking our breeding stock when the bulls have dropped their antlers and need protection as they are exhausted.
    Oh yeah, lets ease up on the cow hunts too.
    Increase the bear hunting oppurtunities, whatever it takes to reduce the predator population.
    BK

Congrats Vince I know you have been wanting this seat for a good bit and hope it is everything you desire.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Congrats Vince I know you have been wanting this seat for a good bit and hope it is everything you desire.
    Yeah "Big time Vince" he is going to want us to buy him lunch now...

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Good, now stop the midwinter antlerless hunts. They are whacking our breeding stock when the bulls have dropped their antlers and need protection as they are exhausted.
    Oh yeah, lets ease up on the cow hunts too.
    Increase the bear hunting oppurtunities, whatever it takes to reduce the predator population.
    BK
    You base this off what? Instead of worrying about the the unit 20 ac... We need to put a boot up the mat ac ass and get 14A and 14B fixed...

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    BK
    Unfortunately, many people elect to not take part in the hunting opportunities that are available (example: hunt the predators such as bear)... but want more opportunities to get their "trophy" ungulate.

Congrats Vince!

Quote Originally Posted by Wet eNuf View Post
    Unfortunately, many people elect to not take part in the hunting opportunities that are available (example: hunt the predators such as bear)... but want more opportunities to get their "trophy" ungulate.

Congrats Vince!
    I am only going to speak for myself here. It is hard for me to come up with the justification and funds to participate in a bear hunt. I am a meat hunter first and foremost, and I can't get it through my thick skull that it is worth it in the long run to go bear hunting. I am usually prepared to take a bear if I find one available, but I do not target them, and I have not had an opportunity to take one. My hunting and fishing seasons are very very busy and I am hard pressed to find the time and money to target bear. I know people will tell me that there is nothing wrong with bear meat, and it is great table fare, but the fact is, if it was so good, then you would be required to harvest all the meat, all the time. I don't find it that good. Sorry, this is off topic a little. Congrats Vince.
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

"You base this off what? Instead of worrying about the the unit 20 ac... We need to put a boot up the mat ac ass and get 14A and 14B fixed"

Experience.....been hunting the area for 20 years.
    Talking to other hunters that have been hunting the area for 30 years, a buddy of mine on the board with Vince (Skip Olsen).

I'm all about fixing the valley too, lets shoot some more predators. Lets open it up to baiting grizz, do away with tag requirements, extend seasons, allow airiel wolf hunts. I'm in.

I'd rather eat moose than put another bear rug on the wall.

Thats all.

BK

Wow, this is cool. It's already looking like what last years AC meeting were like. Fight over cow hunts. Put em up bk? Haha.
    As long as the guys who spend the money to count and tally moose and bull cow ratios say cow hunts are justified, I'm all for cow hunts. I attended the AC meeting just so I could vote for Vince and keep these cow hunts going.....................but only as long as F&G says they can go.
    Been on 2 winter hunts already this season. Enjoy the time. Especially since I didn't get to hunt this fall. Still hoping to get a winter cow. If not that, maybe a winter bou from the 40 mile winter hunt.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

To many that complain about bear and wolf never take them.Cost no more to hunt bear than anything else and even cheaper if you have someone process your meat for moose and like.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast