Thread: Trapper Lake ATV Access?

Default Trapper Lake ATV Access?

Has anyone made it to trapper lake via ATV in the summer? I am looking at a piece of property on the south end of the lake and I am wondering how hard it would be to get to in the summer.

Rabadeaux Trail goes down the east side of the lake. I know people have gone in on ATV's but it is t.ough and often too wet to get through on a normal 4 wheeler, it would be a long and tough trip. I don't think there is a trail to the south side of the lake. I'm doubting access by ATV would be possible. It is possible to hike in about 3 miles from the Ravine off the Big Su if you get dropped off by boat. My cabin is on the soutwest side of the lake. I have never hiked in but the neighbors do now and then. How long it takes depends on how wet it is, but 2-3 hours seems to be average.
    I've only ever gone in by floatplane in the summer.
    Winter access is pretty easy. About 25 mins from susitna landing once the river freezes, About 1.5 hours from Rabadeaux before then.

is it possible to get into this lake in the winter for ice fishing with an atv or utv?

It is right now. There's virtually no snow and everything is freezing HARD this week. You'd have to come in from the north from Rabideaux.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I was wanting to head out to Trapper in the morning. Just need to decide on my fan cooled sleds or atvs. Anyone been by there lately?