Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walther P22 -vs- Ruger SR22

Sorry for the late response, I'm not on here much. My .22's are down at my Father-in-laws property in Anchor Point right now since that's where I do most of my shooting. The Ruger forums and the Ruger sr22 sub forum has lots of pictures of the rubber washer/gasket. The rubber gasket is a specific size and just slips over the guide rod spring. When the gun is fired, the gasket slips into the space at the end of the slide where the end of the guide rod and spring meet the end of the slide. If you manually rack the slide with the gasket over the guide rod and spring, you can feel the cushion of the gasket instead of metal on metal. The metal on metal feeling is because of the bad takedown lever manufactured. It's because of a bad takedown lever that owners are putting a rubber gasket in the slide.

Thanks. I just wish folks would post a link instead of saying "Go search...." because I did and couldn't fund anything at rugerforums.net in the rimfires subforum. A picture would really help, because I'm not sure my slide contacts where you're thinking it does.

And a google search turns up nothing, so even the keywords must be less-than-obvious. SSA - I appreciate the help but if you could provide a little more ino it would help.

As I see it, the "chin" of the slide contacts the square portion around where the recoil guide rod sets inside the recess. Any gasket or o-ring around that guide rod would get mushed into that recess and not do anything. The shoulder of the slide "chin" need a buffer similar to an FN HiPower recoild buffer.

If you go into Rugerforums.net, and then search "SR22 rubber O-Ring" there are some pictures and information on this fix. My Father-in-law will be bringing my .22's back into Anchorage in a few weeks and then I can post some pics of the O-Rings in my SR22 and Walther P22.

Sorry for the mix up. I call it a rubber washer/gasket but in the forum it's called an "O-Ring".

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooterassassin View Post
    Sorry for the mix up.
    No problem. Thanks! I can't search on that forum at work (dang IT Nazi's!) but will look tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooterassassin View Post
    My Father-in-law will be bringing my .22's back into Anchorage in a few weeks and then I can post some pics of the O-Rings in my SR22 and Walther P22.
    Thanks, typical of these forums is you can't see the pictures unless you join. Of the 742+ odd forums I belong to, what's one more?!? Some pictures would be great. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12