Thread: Kodiak Bear mount

Default Kodiak Bear mount

Looking for some recommendations for a taxidermist. This spring I'm heading to Kodiak. Hopefully I will b successful and will want to preserve my once in a lifetime trophy to admire forever. I'm thinking maybe a half mount where the bear is coming out of the wall jaws open, claws at the ready. I'm certain I probably could never afford it but would be curious to know what a full body standing mount would cost. I live around Fairbanks now but should live around Anchorage by the time of this hunt.

Thanks Much

Check out my website. www. protaxidermy.com

Our completion time is under 12 months .

We have our OWN tanneries so it stays at or facility from drop off to finish & pick up.

No BS about tanneries taking too long or other excusses. We get our work done & we Guarantee satifaction on our mounts.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy
    Fairbanks
    907 322 0936

RJ

Id love to come in some time and talk. Price for these things is the biggest consideration, but I'd like to talk to someone about everything I need to do prior to bringing it to you.

Thanks

We can make that simple.

1/2 Lifesize mount
    Grizz/Brown up to 6 foot $2500.
    6to 9foot $3000.
    over 9 foot $3500.

Full Lifesize mount Brown Bear
    up to 6 foot $3500.
    6 foot to 9 foot $4500.
    over 9foot $5000.

Any Pose.

Special prices for combined animal action poses, ( such as Bear & caribou or moose head, etc.)

Includes habitat base for floor or wall mount.
    No extra charges for Fleshing or tanning.
    payments ok, completion time starts when we recieve 1/2 down.

Delivery availible for large pieces.

RJ Simington
    907 322 0936

Thats dang good prices. Cost has gone down insted of up looks like.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Its still a good chunk of change but I think I have the wife convinced

Good taxidermy doesnt have to make you go broke.

I know a Lot of taxidermists that charge way above their skill level when it comes to actual Quality work, & I know some that could charge ALOT more for the quality they are putting out.

There are some that will absolutely chew every nickle out of their clients because they have big names & live in Reno, & there are a lot of us that throw in the extras at no cost just to add artistry or compliment the wildlife piece, because we are proud of the work we are doing.

most Americans are hurting in one way or anouther because of the economy, & it sure doesnt look like its going to turn around for a few years.

I just cant see someone having to settle for a lesser grade mounting of their trophy due to hard times , or having to pay an outragous price for a simple mounting by a taxidermist with an over inflated ego.

As long as I still own PRO Taxidermy we will always be REASONABLY priced in Both Studios & will continue to get our work done in less than ONE year.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy