Thread: M&P Shield Barrel Defect?

Default M&P Shield Barrel Defect?

I recently bought an M&P 9mm Shield from my LGS. I was so excited that I didn't fully inspect the firearm. I noticed the barrel this way. The gun is brand new and has never been fired except for when S&W does their test firing. Should I send it back to S&W to have the barrel recrowned or take it out to test fire it to make sure it shoots right?
    Attached Images Attached Images

From your picture, it does look 'out of round'. Head back to said LGS and see what they think/say...

Took it out to Rabbit Creek Range this morning and it shot dead on at 3, 5, and 10 yards. At 15 & 20 yards, the Shield shot a little to the left but I can live with it.

Give a call to S&W in the morning. They will make it right for sure at no cost to you.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

I am amazed you found one. My neighbor has been lokking for weeks....
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

There was one on AK List this morning for $450.00 idk how fast it went but the ad is gone. My wife had a doctor appt. in the valley so while she was there I went over to Sportsmans Warehouse and there was one 9mm hanging with the other guns on the wall. I didn't have any cash or CC's on me so I chalked it up as a loss, went to pick up my wife and went home back to Anchorage. But I couldn't stop thinking about the Shield. That was 10:30am when I was there at SW. I had my wife call SW at 7pm and they still had it. She asked them to hold it and they did. I went out there and bought it. I was very lucky!