View Poll Results: Did you get enough hunting time in last season...???

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • I didn't feel I spent enough time hunting last season.

23 24.47%
  • I was satisfied that I hunted enough last season.

9 9.57%
  • For the last 5 years I haven't spent enough time hunting.

11 11.70%
  • For the last 5 years I have had enough time to hunt.

3 3.19%
  • For the last 10 years I haven't spent enough time hunting.

8 8.51%
  • For the last 10 years I have had enough time to hunt.

0 0%
  • Every year I get enough time to hunt.

8 8.51%
  • I never get enough time to hunt.

40 42.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you get enough hunting in last season...???

Default Did you get enough hunting in last season...???

Lately I have been feeling kinda bummed that yet again another year has gone by where I felt I didn't get near enough time in the field during hunting season. I was unsuccessful at filling my goat tag.....one of the best I might add. Had I not killed a nice blackie this fall I'd be going nuts right about now. I have to ask........does a guy that loves to hunt ever really get enough time in the field each year to truly enjoy a good amount of hunting? Or do some of you actually always seem to make plenty of time to do just that?

Anyway, so other than continuing on hunting predators, I thought I would take a poll to see how content some of you are after the regular hunting seasons are over?
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Caribou Season starts July 1st and closes June 30th. I'd catch up on sleep between the seasons start and stop, but with 24 hour daylight at that timma year, I just keep on hunting.

Myself, cant wait for Fur to Prime up some and snow to cover the ground outside.....night get me a Moose yet......My "Vacation" is getting near over as the river settles and solidifys, so I may travel safely ..........my "time off" from Hunting is coincidal to the freezeup ....and once its froze up, it is hit and miss from now till light returns to the land and the sunrise is greeted with eagerness and lengthening days...... Thats all that really matters in life, after all.......
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

your suggesting i am done? LOL
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Did you get enough hunting in last season...???

2013 is gonna kick ass. Chasin goats, I sense a Kodiak bear tag and another epic moose float hunt.

It's gettin brought'n!!
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Most would call me nuts for saying it, but I did not get enough hunting in. That's that's my vote. I "never" get enough hunting in. I run out of money way before I run out of time. In fact now that my shoulder is on the mend, the only reason I am sitting here typing instead of hanging out of a tree looking for a big old whitetail is MONEY :-)

I spent about 35 full days in the field this fall... the most in a long time. Could I have hunted more? Maybe. I'm not done yet but the itch is mostly scratched.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

I never get enough time... even just when I'm out camping with guns.

4mer you just made me look back on the season,67 days spent afield no wonder the wife is a little pissy!But ya I had a year of fun but no it wasn't enough time.Never is!!Now just counting the days till spring season!Maybe I can get some more time in next year.

This year was pretty lame as a bunch of other obligations cropped up, I did get to spend some time in the field with a new hunting partner though. Next season sure is looking promising!

Only ten days in the field. Gave up the last week of moose season to help with flooding around here. Rained like Hell on those 10 days I happened to get out.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I am pretty satisfied with my time in the field. I went caribou, moose, and deer hunting. My wife doesn't participate in hardly any of my outdoor activities, so I don't want to get to greedy. Basically from may-november I am doing something in the field, and she is ok with it for the most part, but I don't want to push my luck
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Like most others, I'd always like to spend more, but given that I'm a teacher and my "busy season" starts right when hunting season starts, I don't have any complaints about this fall. I spent a week in the sheep mountains, a few days chasing caribou, and five weekends in a row (with only one break) chasing goats. Throw in a day chasing moose, some predator hunting tomorrow, and a trip to Southeast for deer over Thanksgiving, and life is pretty good. All it amounted to was a caribou and a black bear (my wife's) in the freezer, but that's enough for now.

not enough hours in a day, nor days in a year...

Got 5 days this fall, 6 or 7 days last year, a few days the year before and so on. Been remodeling the house for the last 7 years and hunting of any kind just hasn't been on the program. Just got a new .22 a week ago and would like to go chase bunnies or grouse but that isn't looking so good for another year or two.

Isn't this kind of like asking if a person has "TOO MANY GUNS", "GETS ENOUGH SEX","HAS THE BEST TRUCK" ? Most hunters disposable income determines their hunting days afield, especially if they have to divide with the wife !
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Mine has very little to do with disposable income. The problem is the source of said income doesn't offer much in the way of time. I don't count afternoons as "days afield" personally.

I am always thankfull for every day that I get to go afield. Especially when my 4 year old comes, of course he runs off everything thats not deaf,lame or old. But I have the time of my life, being with him, of course I would like to get something but could really care less, as long as he has a positive experience. This is almost always guarnteed with a ring pop and jerkey. I love the end of hunting when he tells my he loves me and how much fun he had---PRICELESS. For the last 2 months with the move to Alaska all he talks about is going moose hunting. He is so excited to move, he is a little mad every time on of you post pictures of any game that you shot or fish you caught, poor little guy think there all his. Wants everybody to put them back until he get there. He is ready with his TWO-TWO!!!! I say "son its called a twenty-two" he said no dad " the bullet box says TWO-TWO look and see for your self" Teach them to be independent and they turn on you. He is getting better, we have been seeing a lot of does, just no bucks (bucks only). Sorry for the rant, short answer, I will never have enough time in the field hunting with my boys.
    Last edited by Rope; 11-17-2012 at 05:29. Reason: spelling

Default Re: Did you get enough hunting in last season...???

Regretfully no
    I had a 17 day elk hunt planed and tagged out on day 8. So I went back to work a week early. It was a very bittersweet season. I've been after that bull for three years and if finely came together. It is a weird feeling, almost hollow. What to look forward to now that hes gone. So were moving up to your state for a new challenge. 2013 will be a year of firsts for us, all in preparation for my 2014 season as an Alaska resident I truely can't wait!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Heck no. Family health issues, etc. I am thankful for the time I had.

12 day moose hunt with my 18 year old son, after spending all Summer with him on my commercial fishing boat.. several duck hunts, lots of King salmon fishing. could always use more, but life is good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast