Thread: coldest fishing temp.

Cool coldest fishing temp.

alcon ron whats the coldest u used your qwikfish pop up how does it do at -30 folding up... going to be cold this weekend mabey lost lake worth a try???????????

Ron never takes his stuff out unless it is above zero. When it is below zero, he makes me take my stuff. LOL! I have had both of my quickfish huts set up in temps of -35 and they do just fine. The huts are really only designed to last a couple of seasons and then they are junk. Here is a video of us fishing last year at -34. Check out the ice fishing pics on my website.

gutleap is that a king at 2:09 on your clip i think so????????did thay take to the lake???/bait ?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefisher View Post
    gutleap is that a king at 2:09 on your clip i think so????????did thay take to the lake???/bait ?
    Yes that is a landlocked chinook. ADFG stocked 9500 of those in the lake in 2009. They hit on the same thing rainbows do.

Quote Originally Posted by gutleap View Post
    Ron never takes his stuff out unless it is above zero. When it is below zero, he makes me take my stuff. LOL! I have had both of my quickfish huts set up in temps of -35 and they do just fine. The huts are really only designed to last a couple of seasons and then they are junk. Here is a video of us fishing last year at -34. Check out the ice fishing pics on my website.

HAHAH! My side hurts I am laughing so hard! I have had my stuff out at -30+ as well. We even had two heaters going in the hut once. The only thing is make sure as soon as you turn the heater of you fold up the hut quick or it will become an iceberg. If the brass gromets pull out Jeff figured out a way to fix the huts.

I forgot to add tomorrow is supposed to be cold

Im makeing a floor for my qwikfish 3... 5-7 carpet ..black plastic. dobble side tape .i think it will help????????rolls up easy!!!! and two heaters!!!!!!! -35 in moosecreek

the floor worked great stayed dry much warmer alot less moisture nonskid......15000 btus help...ready for -40

I gotta get me some carpet too. I took a good slip on the ice where the heater melted it last weekend. The coldest I have had my hut out was -40 and have minor effects from frost bite on my two index fingers to this day to prove it! LOL. As Ron stated when you shut the heater off you have to quickly fold the hut up.

Quote Originally Posted by AKnook View Post
    I took a good slip on the ice where the heater melted it last weekend.
    Two words. Yak Trax.

Another flooring option is these foam puzzle mats from the hardware store. They lock together and are 2'x2'
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Default Just as fun

The kids have done several trips in -20 I camped -38 in a pop-up with a Sunrise mountainering bag, no heat, lived too. And sometimes we catch fish.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default coldest fishing temp.

I think the coldest I have been out fishing is around -36

Two winters ago three of us stayed at George Lake for three nights and fished pike. Two mornings in a row it was minus 48. Once in our Quickfish shelters and the propane heaters going it was fine. We did pretty well on pike too and once thrown out on the ice they were solid in minutes. We did have to take our propane tanks into the cabin during the night in order for them to flow gas which isn't probably the best of ideas but we had no choice. I was very concerned about getting my truck started and I figured we'd have to put our heaters under a tarp for a couple of hours to heat the engine but it warmed the afternoon that we left to about minus 10 and it popped right off.
    All three of our machines took some babying to get them to run on those cold mornings. My electric start on the Skidoo Tundra 550F wouldn't turn it over but after pulling the start rope a few times it fired up but required choking for quite a while to keep running before it would idle.