Thread: Draw results sooner in 2013?

Default Draw results sooner in 2013?

Since the draw deadline has been pushed up have there been any rumors the results might get done a little sooner? Does anyone remember the date they came out this year? I am hoping to get my results before the deadline to apply to AZ (a tag I can daw for sure).

Surely a strapping lad like yourself isn't going to be too worn out from hunting in Alaska. If it's the cost that's worrying you, I'd suggest saving a few dollars on air transportation by carrying the bear back home on your back. You can do it.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Draw Results:

The results of the November 1 December 17, 2012 Draw and Tier I/II application period will be available online Friday, February 15, 2013 at 5pm.

I was hoping for just a hair sooner. My AZ app is due Feb 8th - and the hunts are at basically the same time, I cannot do both. Best case scenario is I cut my AZ hunt down to a short period of time. I am bowhunting so that is not good, especially since I have bought a $150 license every year (which I never used) for 10 years to get the points to draw.

Quote Originally Posted by DonV View Post
    I was hoping for just a hair sooner. My AZ app is due Feb 8th - and the hunts are at basically the same time, I cannot do both. Best case scenario is I cut my AZ hunt down to a short period of time. I am bowhunting so that is not good, especially since I have bought a $150 license every year (which I never used) for 10 years to get the points to draw.
    Unless you are looking at a trophy area for sheep, goat, and bear tag I would just put in for a spring bear hunt then there would be no conflict. I would just plan on hunting Alaska without the draw. There are many good areas where a moose, caribou, sheep, goat or bear tag can just be bought over the counter. That way you can put in for Arizona and hunt Alaska as a backup without drawing a tag.

Quote Originally Posted by DonV View Post
    If you're able to get a Bull Elk tag during the rut in one of the coveted northern or eastern units, I would be all over it! Especially if you feel your chances are very high. A TMA or DCUA Sheep tag would be one of the few things that would tempt me away from a "guaranteed" Bull Elk tag in one of those units...just my opinion. There is a lot of hunting to still be had outside of that time up here too.

AZinAK

AZinAK I am a sure thing to draw early bow 27 bar a major change or huntin fool/Eastmans suddenly making it a top pick. That said I can wait one more year and draw unit 1 - so I am set either way.

Sorry guys, Sheep results will be held until Aug 9th this year.

To put so much stock in the chance at winning a draw permit in AK against a "sure thing" elk tag would frivolous, though we all would appreciate your $donations$ to ADFG. Apply in one state , or both, then if you get so **** lucky as to pull permits in both states you can agonize over which permits to waste, but please give some thought to those who you pulled the carpet out from under.