Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: great weekend

Default great weekend

So went out for a long weekend last weekend to do some calling and did not expect what happened. We took 5 linx 1 grey fox and 1 wolf. We missed or did not get a chance to shoot 2 yotes 3 fox 1 linx and 1 wolf. Great action and alot of fun. Gear used was a foxpro spitfire using snowshoe 1 or 2, a white rabbit decoy, Turn the call on and let it go for 20 min. non stop. most of the animals came in between 5-15 min. Almost glad we did not connect on all the critters that came in, might not have fit them all in my truck. All daylite calling no nite time. I was most surprised that 2 wolves came in to a rabbit call. The one I shot went into kill mode, squatted, lowered head, and circled the decoy. I think the decoy shook a little harder out of fear. Just wanted to share, hope everyone else is having fun out there.

Robbie.

We would love to see some pictures if you took any. Sounds like a great weekend indeed.

Thats amazing, congratulations!

mind if I ask how far you go between stands? My calling partner and I were discussing that recently and discovered we have very different opinions!

Wow! That is quite a productive weekend indeed! I'm sure I speak for many others when I say that we'd love to see some pictures. I'm heading out on Saturday morning for a day of calling, and given my success rates I'd be happy to see a glimpse of a single critter let alone a success rate like that. Absolutely phenomenal, sir!

I have been having day dreams of a weekend like that, I get back home in about a month and will be hoping to get out and have a few days like that.

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

There are no grey fox in Alaska was it a silver or cross lets see some pictures
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

That's an amazing calling trip for sure, good job. We'd all love to see some photos of that one, that's a load of fur.

Thanks guys heres the pic
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fur kill.jpg 
Views:	515 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	65519

Excellent! Thanks for posting up that picture. Were you doing all of your calling off the road, or did you ride in a ways?

On a side note, that looks like a cross fox, though it's hard to be certain in that light.

Brian, it was mostly all off the road, the fox might be a cross but for certian leaning more toward the silver side. Sorry for calling it a grey I ment silver.

That's awesome, way to go. How was the fur on the lynx that you guys got? The one I got the other day still had some brownish underhair and could use another couple weeks I'd guess. Did you happen to get any doubles with that batch, or all on single stands?

limon...we went at least 1/2 mile between but, we would also return the next day. In one spot i missed a yote and the next day called in a fox. In another spot we missed a fox and the next day called in a double on linx. The double was cool cause my friend shot a linx and after we high 5ed and picked up the cat smoked a cig and started for the truck another cat poked out right where the other was. He took that too. He got a little gun happy cause he was the one that missed the fox there the day before.

AWESOME!!! That wolf looks huge next to the fox and lynx. Good job. Less predators means more prey.

What caliber and rifle you guys using? You mind saying what sounds you guys had your best luck with/caller type? That wolfs huge! Makes that fox look so small.

Great work!!!

That is a great photo The fox is a cross fox, silvers have no orange on them .
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

congradulations on an awesom succesfull hunt!
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

teacherman, I was using an ar-15 in .223. My other friends used single shot 22-250 and a bolt action 17hmr. As for sounds it was foxpro spitfire with snowshoe 1 or snowshoe 2

Congrats to you and your buds. A great weekend, for sure! Keep after them woofs. More dead the better!

Awesome job for sure!!! That wolf is pretty cool for sure +1
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by akguy454 View Post
    teacherman, I was using an ar-15 in .223. My other friends used single shot 22-250 and a bolt action 17hmr. As for sounds it was foxpro spitfire with snowshoe 1 or snowshoe 2
    Well Done.......How would you describe the relative damage from each cartridge.......????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast