Thread: ADFG to Review Su Flats Refuge Plan

Default ADFG to Review Su Flats Refuge Plan

Waterfowl hunters and other friends of Susitna Flats State Game Refuge: ADFG has announced that it will review the outdated 1988 management plan for the refuge and consider revisions. The attached notice indicates 3 public scoping meetings to identify current management issues, public concerns and the status of wildlife resources. Since the original plan was adopted, the nature of oil and gas activity has changed significantly, there are emerging considerations for powerlines, pipelines and coal development in the region, and there is continuing interest in public access and cabins. The refuge plan does not address hunting and fishing regulations--that is the perview of Board of Game and Board of Fisheries--but the plan establishes policies and basis for ongoing management direction and land use regulations (e.g., compatible resource development, commercial and private leases, cabins, ORV rules).

Get involved, contribute to the scoping process. For more info, go to http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...itnaflats.main

Tom--Su Flats Waterfowler
    Attached Files Attached Files

THANK YOU for posting this.
    I have a few things I'd like to say at the Palmer meeting.
    BK

Thanks for posting this. A lot of people will be impacted by any work in this area. I hope all take the time to share imput and shape the direction of our area, before it is shaped for us. Thanks again. See you there.