Thread: Nancy Lake for pike

Default Nancy Lake for pike

Can anyone one give me guidance on where and what bait to use on nancy? I have never been to nancy lake. Not looking for a hot spot just wanna catch a few to eat.
    thx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by poarch0 View Post
    Can anyone one give me guidance on where and what bait to use on nancy? I have never been to nancy lake. Not looking for a hot spot just wanna catch a few to eat.
    thx in advance
    are they good to eat? i've never tried pike before.

i couldnt tell you never even caught one

Cut hearing with a steel leader near the edge of a weed bed / drop off.

Good to eat? Yes they are. We used to get a lot ice fishing back in NY. I saved all of them in one bag in the freezer, adding to the bag each time we went out. I then took them all at once and ran them, Y bones and all through a meat grinder two times. Then I mixed the ground fish with Italian flavored bread crumbs and ran them through one last time. Then I made fish patties and froze them. When we wanted pike, then we simple thawed them out and fried them in a little oil, served on a bun, good eating.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Quote Originally Posted by chansen View Post
    Cut hearing with a steel leader near the edge of a weed bed / drop off.
    Better check that, I THINK (I could be wrong) but isnt Bait not allowed on that lake? I thought it was like Biglake, single hook unbaited lure.

i am pretty sure you can use bait there just like you can use bait on big lake in the summer or in winter only for pike in the winter though and there are rules on big lake how you may present and time of day i beleive and so on but easy to understand

Look on page 35 of the Southcentral regulations, right hand side. In Nancy Lake, anglers may fish for northern pike through the ice using five lines from November 1- March 15th, between 8am-5pm. Hook gap at least 3/4 inch, whole baitfish suspended off the bottom; all other fish must be released.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Aw, ok. I remember reading you could only use an unbaited single hook. I wasnt sure if they're were any stipulations. Thats why I mentioned might want to check. Thanks for clarifying that.

nancy lake is poor pike fishing nowadays due to adfg's new law that states no pike caught may be released. they are really thinned out and you have to work for them

Quote Originally Posted by alaska_pike View Post
    nancy lake is poor pike fishing nowadays due to adfg's new law that states no pike caught may be released. they are really thinned out and you have to work for them
    Thats not good to hear...im not looking for anything big...can anyone give me any ideas on where the weed beds are?

Thats not good to hear...im not looking for anything big...can anyone give me any ideas on where the weed beds are?

if you realy wanna know any thing you asked poarch its all on afg website if you can figure this site out you can figure theres out it has all of that just saying. there isnt any weed beds people will tell you about that have pike because they fish them and its a hard game around here but time is key and no offence spend that time my friend any lake has them!

Quote Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post

if you realy wanna know any thing you asked poarch its all on afg website if you can figure this site out you can figure theres out it has all of that just saying. there isnt any weed beds people will tell you about that have pike because they fish them and its a hard game around here but time is key and no offence spend that time my friend any lake has them!
    I know how to look at the depth chart if thats what your talking bout...thx for the info hopefully i dont need a snow machine...ill be out there sun morning ill make sure to post a report.