Thread: Hayflats may lose $38,000 funds appropration

Default Hayflats may lose $38,000 funds appropration

Wayne Bowman, from the Friends of the Hayflats group contacted me yesterday in regards to this. In a nutshell, it seems that due to the flooding on Hatcher Pass this past year, $38,000 that had been awarded to Cottonwood creek and Rabbit slough parking lot repairs and expansion was transfered over to some repair work on Hatcher Pass. Now there is a movement to get this money transfered back for hayflat use. Once back in the hayflat control, it may be possible to use it for different purpose within the hayflats but it is important to get the funds back. There is a meeting on Tuesday Nov 20 where this will be discussed and voted on. Some of the people involved are on the line as to which way they will go. We are being asked to attend the meeting and speak up as concerned users of the hayflats and request that the funds be transfered back to the hayflats. I am suggesting that those of us who do attend, wear camo shirts so we will stand out as a small group and can identify each other.

Anybody who would like copies of Waynes emails and copy of the resolution and map pertaining to this, please email me and i will forward it to you. Thank you, Bud budbassc21@yahoo.com
    Wasilla

Assembly meeting will be held at the Mat Su Bourgh building in Palmer
    Wasilla

Correction on meeting location . It will be at the School District Administration Bld. 501 N. Gulkana St. In Palmer. Come on out and support monies for the Hayflats Thanks

Bumping this up for people who can attend tuesday nov. 20.