Thread: WTC

Default WTC

Any snow in willow yet? how is everything freezing up? thanks

On Sunday we went out with the 6 wheeler. plenty of ice in the swamps, just covered up with about 3" snow. The big river was mostly frozen, but there were plenty of open leads crosssing the river. Not enough snow to cover the ice debris from the river freezing.
    2002 Wooldridge Sport 2000, 21', 350 Kodiak Jet, "CindyLou"
    26' Olympic Sport Sedan, 5.7 Volvo, 280 Volvo, getting there, "CindyLouTwo"
    20' Alumatech Airboat
    EagleQuest Cabins and Lodge--Willow

Talked to Dan @ yentna station lastnight and he said that they have about 6 to 8 inches of snow. There is a couple of us that are going to try and run up the yentna tomorrow.

give us a river report marbs, id like to get to the cabin by next weekend if i can!

I won't be back for a week or so if we get up there but I will call my brother(Brian M.) and have him give you all the report by sunday or Monday.

Just got back from the river system. The trail is in atleast up to lake creek and I have also heard that there was someone that rode from Lake Creek up to Skewenta. There is some open water and the riding is pretty rough as there is only about 4-6 inches of snow. The worst part of the trail is from the landing down to the deshka river. Beware of entering and leaving the sand bars as the water dropped quite a bit after it froze and it has caused there to be hollow spots under the ice and I had a number of spots where a shelf fell in so there are some big "sink holes". Be careful out there and use good judgement but you can get out to your cabins if you want to. Also for thoes who would normally stop by Luce's you will have to now go up to Yentna station as there is now private property signs in front of Luce's and the sign is gone. Happy Trails

yeah Luces sold and is no longer open. thanks marbs