Thread: Hunting License Information Online

Default Hunting License Information Online

Is there a way to look up my hunting license number online? I'm trying to apply for draws, but I seemed to have misplaced my current year's license.

RW

Quote Originally Posted by HereDuckyDucky View Post
    Is there a way to look up my hunting license number online? I'm trying to apply for draws, but I seemed to have misplaced my current year's license.

RW
    You could just go ahead and buy next years license online and use it... you will need it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    You could just go ahead and buy next years license online and use it... you will need it anyway.
    Unfortunately, I'll only need it if I get drawn.

RW

res or non res.... Im with Lujon just buy another.. call adfg in the morning they may be able to help ya too..

Unless you used the same license to put in for last years draws it may not be in the system yet. As far as I know that info is all manually entered and it takes time. Did you get any registration tags? That would make it easy to look up. Are you a non resident? You could get away with buying a non-res small game license and hen use that # to apply.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

I'm a non-resident. My wife and I try and drive up from WA every year to chase black bears. We've typically bought tags over the counter, but, with POW going to draw for non-resident hunters, we're trying to learn the draw system and get our names in the bucket for 2014 (missed the 2013 draw, unfortunately).

RW

Try this. Go to the section on reporting hunts. You may be able to get to the point using your drivers license number to see your hunting number.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Quote Originally Posted by HereDuckyDucky View Post
    I'm a non-resident. My wife and I try and drive up from WA every year to chase black bears. We've typically bought tags over the counter, but, with POW going to draw for non-resident hunters, we're trying to learn the draw system and get our names in the bucket for 2014 (missed the 2013 draw, unfortunately).

RW
    You are not too late for fall 2013 hunts. The application period is until December 17th. Since the hunt year is 1 July to 30 Jun, Spring 2013 should still be under the present rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill S. View Post
    You are not too late for fall 2013 hunts. The application period is until December 17th. Since the hunt year is 1 July to 30 Jun, Spring 2013 should still be under the present rules.
    Actually, for those black bear hunts, he is too late for 2013. Because those spring hunts are so close to the time they announce the permit winners, it isn't practical to have those drawings the same year as the hunt (results come out in late February which is right in the middle of the season). The season for most of those black bear hunts is September 1 - June 30, so the season for those who applied back in 2011 (awarded in spring 2012) is still going on and will be still open until June 30, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    Actually, for those black bear hunts, he is too late for 2013. Because those spring hunts are so close to the time they announce the permit winners, it isn't practical to have those drawings the same year as the hunt (results come out in late February which is right in the middle of the season). The season for most of those black bear hunts is September 1 - June 30, so the season for those who applied back in 2011 (awarded in spring 2012) is still going on and will be still open until June 30, 2013.
    You are correct and I am one year off. The drawing started last year, not this year. Sorry, I was confused (again).

Just call ADF&G
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

I just "googled" your question. Alaska Dept of Fish And Game. Everything is right there. Nothing hard about that.

Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    Just call ADF&G
    That's what I ended up doing. Got what I needed, although they had my name spelled incorrectly in the system, making it a bit difficult to look up.

RW