Thread: Ram Aviation

Default Ram Aviation

This is just a question not a judgement. The guys who have booked hunts with Mike for 2013...What is going to happen to their hunts?

I do not have any of my clients booked with RAM but the question has crossed my mind. Back in 2004(?) when out lats flight service gat nailed I had a number of hunts booked with them and we had a very hard time finding ways to get them in the field and there are fewer services today than back them

Walt
    www.northwestalaska.net
    Drop camps and Float Hunts
    Unit 23

I would figure it will be just like any other business thats finished if indeed it is. Kinda like life time warranties on products that are now owned by new companies you are SOL.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Any one know for sure and what about his permit into Noatak National Park/Preserve, does he sell it of is it forfeited?

When Maverick lost his tag no one filled in behind him but back in those days we had lots of flight services to place guys with. Today the choices are limited.

Walt
    Northwest Alaska Back Country Rentals
    Camps, SOAR Hunting Canoes and Rafts
    Unit 23

Probably aware of this already - But Golden Eagle Outfitters out of Kotzebue have their act together. Jared and Jesse are honest, hardworking guys. Spent four days with them in July and had a hoot.

Don't be so sure that this is the end of the road for the business, I'm pretty sure there was at least one other pilot this season alone employed by Ram... Plus, many of the operators (contrary to popular belief) work together during the season.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

That's true, I know that Mike worked closely with other operators. I've actually never flown with Ram Aviation, but every time I flew out of Kotz with another outfit, Mike made at least two trips moving our gear, hunters and critters. Great pilot by the way!!