Thread: Trout Unlimited women's promotion

Default Trout Unlimited women's promotion

Apparently Trout Unlimited is trying to do something about their pathetic 6% women's membership and are running a promotion to give women a free one-year membership, with signups here. They also created a Facebook group.

Mlshore - on a side note as in the past several years I have invited Jim Teeny up for this years April Fairbanks Outdoor Show except with a twist we also invited his lovely wife up and they have have accepted the invite. I sent a request to BOW Nancy at the ADF&G to see if in fact D. Teeny would be interested in attending an event in Fairbanks for woman and fly fishing through BOW and the MSFC which Jason is working on. Hope it all works outs and Fairbanks does its part to help increase membership and open our great sport to more people.

BMR

That would be great! I have not been good about getting into town for events, or even for shopping, and I need to change that. Unfortunately I missed Pudge Kleinkauf when she was in town. Shortly after I moved up I took a BOW ice fishing class at Quartz Lake and it was a lot of fun, and well-attended (even a few men), and that's potentially a great resource. They have so few classes in the interior that I'd guess anything they did would get a good turnout.

Thanks for the heads-up about this. I've e-mailed the sign-up line to a bunch of friends.