Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sexy Photo time

Default Sexy Photo time

Sorry,,,, but Amphibs turn my starter....

Why can't I make it a large photo......????
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post
    Sexy indeed! Surprised you didn't say "...float my boat."
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Default Sexy Photo time

Then I recommend a ride in PenAirs goose. Man what a rush!!
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I spent a few weeks working out of a Wigeon. Man what a great plane. Never got my feet wet, we'd just taxi up onto a sandbar.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

What a beautiful thing!! When I was a kid in FL my Dad got me a ride on a PBY and that flipped my switches. I've wanted a Lake ever since but probably will never own one...maybe a high wing pusher ultralight tied to a bath tub.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Anyone here ever taken a Widgeon to Round Island? It'll take your breath away.

How about ones with Ranger engines?

Nice plane. I have always thought a guy could make one of those into an awsome flying RV for fishing and hunting all over AK.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

In 1969 I flew many hours in a widgeon and a goose, on Kodiak Island, Lots of great memories, we even went water skiing behind one, tied onto the tail and a fast taxi, it was fun.

When you attach the photo url, UN-check the box at the bottom that says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally?". Photo should show up full size then.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Checkout this Grumman Albatross flyby video taken at the Crystal Creek lodge on Nunavagaluk Lake a few miles west of Dillingham summer 2006.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPOJ5yOElMs

When Terry Smith the owner and pilot landed and taxied into the beach, he got that big plane turned around, but was stuck pretty hard. Several of us spent more than an hour digging underwater furrows for the main wheels so he could get unstuck. After several tries with a lot of power, we apparently got the furrows deep enough and long enough that he was able to power out.

Sorry to say that Terry Smith was the pilot of the GCI Turbine Otter that crashed in Alaska on August 9th, 2010. He was killed in the crash along with ex-senator Ted Stevens, Dana Tindall, 48, of Anchorage; Tindall's 16-year-old daughter Corey and Bill Phillips, a former Stevens chief of staff. Terry was a 29,000 hour retired Alaska Airline pilot who grew up flying in Alaska and was at one time chief pilot for Alaska Airlines. The exact cause of the GCI Otter crash was never fully determined, but there is conjecture that it may have resulted from a medical problem.

When I was going through customs at Northway this July, there was a Widgeon on the ramp that had been dinged during a landing. The left side prop blades were bent, and there was a dent on the pilot's side of the nose. It looked like it was repairable, but with airplanes it is hard to tell if the wings and such have been warped, etc. The officer said that the pilot was a 90 yr old guy. It was still there on the way back out a month later. Sure hope someone makes the effort to rescue it.

Yeah. An amphib in Alaska. The ultimate!

I had the pleasure of working on and later getting some flight time in this Goose. http://www.goosehangar.com/The_Goose...r/Welcome.html
    What a beautiful restoration. Really nice airplane. Well above my means! Day in, day out, I'd rather have a Cessna.

The plane that always got my attention was Ketchum's Duck. What a cool airplane. I recall it had an accident after it was restored. I have no idea what it's status is now.

"The plane that always got my attention was Ketchum's Duck. What a cool airplane."

Mr. Pid,

Checkout this footage from the movie, "Murphy's War," with Peter O'Toole as the mechanic for a Grumman Duck who teaches himself how to fly the plane in his obsessive search for a German submarine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aED7xvYbMfw

Frank Tallman, famous hollywood stunt pilot, was the actual pilot in this clip and did an amazing job of flying the duck as if he didn't know how to to fly. Probably the best duck flying footage available at this point in time.

Murphy was the sole survivor of a U-Boat attack on his ship. The Duck footage is great...

Quote Originally Posted by Monguse View Post
    "The plane that always got my attention was Ketchum's Duck. What a cool airplane."

Mr. Pid,

Checkout this footage from the movie, "Murphy's War," with Peter O'Toole as the mechanic for a Grumman Duck who teaches himself how to fly the plane in his obsessive search for a German submarine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aED7xvYbMfw

Frank Tallman, famous hollywood stunt pilot, was the actual pilot in this clip and did an amazing job of flying the duck as if he didn't know how to to fly. Probably the best duck flying footage available at this point in time.
    Thanks for that link. Too bad they had to torture that airplane like that but it is entertaining. Enough so that I'll hunt down the movie and watch it.

I just did a little airline traveling so I bought Murphy's War on iTunes and watched it on the iPad during a flight. Interesting movie. Even beyond the Duck scenes. No hero wins all, no boy gets girl... I found it refreshing. Thanks again for the reference.

You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed it. I've seen it a couple of times in black and white and don't know if it has been rendered in color.

I saw it in the Homer movie theater in 1972, a year after it came out. . It is a color movie.

Strange that I thought I remembered it in black and white. Getting old I guess. It was filmed in Eastman color.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast