Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Char Hogs caught in the Valley. .................................................

Default Two Char Hogs caught in the Valley. .................................................

100_2220.jpg................................

Nice!!!!!!

impressive. Nice

Nice fish....just outta curiosity....how many fish like that do you have freezer burnt in your freezer?

Default Two Char Hogs caught in the Valley. .................................................

Here are a couple I caught and released today in the valley. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352783430.574064.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1352783460.962573.jpg
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Nice fish, very healthy. Glad to see everyone active in the winter fishing season. I guess Arctic Char are the fish of the week!
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Laker Taker View Post
    Nice fish....just outta curiosity....how many fish like that do you have freezer burnt in your freezer?

Really? You don't know this guy he may have ate these fish this week....If it is within the law give the guy a break. While I would have released them if it is within the law he didn't do anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Russp17 View Post
    Really? You don't know this guy he may have ate these fish this week....If it is within the law give the guy a break. While I would have released them if it is within the law he didn't do anything wrong.
    Never said that he didn't eat them right away...I thought it was a legitimate question though....Either way they are nice fish.

wow really? and your sig name is "laker taker".... hmm i wonder if we looked in your freezer what it would look like....
    anyway i am usually not quick to make nasty comments but this is crazy..

congrats on the nice fish, i have not yet landed anything of this caliber... hopefully my luck will change....

Quote Originally Posted by Ak_grizz View Post
    wow really? and your sig name is "laker taker".... hmm i wonder if we looked in your freezer what it would look like....
    anyway i am usually not quick to make nasty comments but this is crazy..

congrats on the nice fish, i have not yet landed anything of this caliber... hopefully my luck will change....
    Yep, believe it or not my "sig name" is Laker Taker and if you were to look in my freezer you can bet your @ss you won't find any trout, freezer burnt or fresh. I could care less what was done with the fish! I asked the question just to stir the pot a little... I would be willing to bet that the ones that took offense have a freezer burnt Trout in their freezer as we speak....guilty conscious??? May be... Lol

russians aint got to that lake yet! its still early tho.
    Semper Fi!

We catch, kill and eat trout and char on all the same day and save the freezer for halibut and salmon. I love char, and rainbow, and lakers. As my friend Marcus would say, "Catch and release... into bacon grease!".
    Rather judgmental to assume an honest fisherman is wasting fish in his freezer, but such comments are becoming all to common on this forum. Sad really. Elitist and not traditionally Alaskan.

Default legitimate vs. polite?

Never said that he didn't eat them right away...I thought it was a legitimate question though....Either way they are nice fish.
    Legitimate or not, especially as a first response to a member who shared, it sure didn't sound very polite. And doesn't it seem pretty legitimate to expect politeness from/to others, at least at first?

Sorry to carp at ya.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    We catch, kill and eat trout and char on all the same day and save the freezer for halibut and salmon. I love char, and rainbow, and lakers. As my friend Marcus would say, "Catch and release... into bacon grease!".
    Rather judgmental to assume an honest fisherman is wasting fish in his freezer, but such comments are becoming all to common on this forum. Sad really. Elitist and not traditionally Alaskan.
    Elitist??? LOL, far from it....

Bvtzy- those are a couple of darn nice Char! I'm sure they tasted great!

Really nice fish. My freeze is empty so I'd eat them too.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

dont kno about the valley area but here in the interior they put triploids n lakes. So they never spawn so they dont waste time chasen tail.they just eat. Yes they alternate years and put dioploids into.

Nice fish bvtzy! That one on the right is a real bruiser!

Cheers,
    Rich
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    We catch, kill and eat trout and char on all the same day and save the freezer for halibut and salmon. I love char, and rainbow, and lakers.
    I just can't eat char and lakers anymore. I caught a nice 7 to 9 lb laker on Tuesday and threw it right back in the hole. I just don't think they taste very good, but I'll make an exception for small lakers. They eat pretty good.

The hatchery rainbows they raise and stock now are delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    I just can't eat char and lakers anymore. I caught a nice 7 to 9 lb laker on Tuesday and threw it right back in the hole. I just don't think they taste very good, but I'll make an exception for small lakers. They eat pretty good.

The hatchery rainbows they raise and stock now are delicious!
    Indeed, little lakers are superb! They have sweet white meat that bakes well. I pickle char and rainbows on occasion, but don't target big lakers and big char because I also don't think they taste that good and I (personally) don't like killing the grandpas.

Default I catch and EAT and don't put rude comments on peoples post

I catch and EAT and don't put rude comments on peoples post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast