Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't miss this deal for warm winter hunting socks:

Default Don't miss this deal for warm winter hunting socks:

Wishing everybody warm toes this season. I've been rocking thorlos mountaineering socks for about 15 yrs now (used to have a different name back then).

They have a buy three get the fourth pair free deal, even with alaska, the shipping is also free. They are made in the USA. Warm footsies to yahs!:

http://www.thorlo.com/mountaineering-socks.php

thanks Mainer they are the best socks I have ever worn....looks like a great deal..

Just 55 miles north of ANC ... on the lake

+1...just ordered a few pairs for the family...great stocking stuffers for the holiday...PUN intended..thanks for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by IndyCzar View Post
    +1...just ordered a few pairs for the family...great stocking stuffers for the holiday...PUN intended..thanks for the heads up
    haha......stockings inside of a stockings......i get it! hahaha. It took me a few seconds. You forgot this though:

Just 55 miles north of ANC ... on the lake

perfect...TAAAA DAAAA

Better than Darn Tough??
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Smile expletive deleted

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    Wishing everybody warm toes this season. http://www.thorlo.com/mountaineering-socks.php
    Aw mainer you are more expensive than a -- oops, better not say that, but you are. On the bright side every product suggestion you've given me that I've bought has worked splendidly. And we won't discuss that one time that I went against your advice, K?

I just submitted my order for 4 pair of those socks - so all boys here are set. For others ordering after me, the warning message about their security is bogus; it just comes from them being dumb about matching the URL on their Verisign security certificate (the best known cert in the biz) with the URL they send you to. Ignore the warning and submit your order - I did.

23 bucks for a pair of socks? Really worth it?
    Grab a friend, a rifle and go hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntAK59 View Post

Simple.....YES..

watched hunters quit cause of foot issues.. one of the greatest creature comforts to me besides my sleeping bag at night is a clean pair of comfy socks...

TWB cant help ya on the darn toughs but thorlos (especially mountaineering thorlos) have an much thicker heel and toe that at least to me are like adding a nice cushion in my boot..they are pretty durable but I do personally wear them out..

Foot care is #1 for me in the field. ****ty boots and socks can make a trip miserable or enjoyable.

Hell yeah $23 a pair is worth it.

I like a nice cushion all around as well.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I don't know yet myself. Just ordered them.

But the last few pairs of very-high-end socks I've bought are wearing somewhat thin, 25+ years later now. So yeah, sign me up on the warm feet for few bucks a year program. You bet.

In addition to good socks (2 pair min. so I can rotate them in/out of service) I wet wipe my feet every single day; even days that my hands or face never see clean. Clean warm and happy feet are one of the very most important things while afield.

Sounds like there's 3 sales made on this thread so far. In a few weeks maybe someone can give you a direct answer, more to the point you were asking. Whoops, sorry, looks like Bear already has given you feedback on this exact brand while I was typing. Thanks Bear.

and if you take advantage of the sale it works out to 17.25$ per pair...

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    and if you take advantage of the sale it works out to 17.25$ per pair...
    Hahahha I'm in then!! I like my 3 pair for 15 bucks at Costco. Will give this deal a try though and see if I like the difference enough for a second shot down the line.

Hahahha I'm in then!! I like my 3 pair for 15 bucks at Costco. Will give this deal a try though and see if I like the difference enough for a second shot down the line.
    I think REI still stocks them. Go check them out to see what you think. If you do order them it look like a no risk trial but I did not read the fine print if any

I think REI still stocks them. Go check them out to see what you think. If you do order them it look like a no risk trial but I did not read the fine print if any
    Already bought. I'm putting blame on everyone on this post if I don't like them

Already bought. I'm putting blame on everyone on this post if I don't like them
    on second thought they really suck I think you should just send them to me and I will get rid of them for ya...

on second thought they really suck I think you should just send them to me and I will get rid of them for ya...
    Hahahaha. Touché

someone quick order these up, and let me have your 4th free pair.
    Semper Fi!

Default the power of recommendation

So in the first 15 posts on this thread there are 4 documented sales. Surely some bought without posting here that they'd done so, making it even more.

What power! I hope those guys web site recognize that so many hits came from this web site to theirs (resulting in sales) that they saunter on over, and advertise here.

Lastly, hey GT, where ya been? I thought you fell in or something.

Do you guys wear sock liners under the socks ? Or is there enough cushion and blister protection that sock liners are not needed ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast