Thread: Blackbear in Fairbanks area

Default Blackbear in Fairbanks area

Can anyone give me any ideas as to where I might try hunting for blackies in the interior without using bait. I don't want anybody's special spot, but just a general area where I could do some spot and stalk hunting around Fairbanks. Any suggestions would be appreciated. John

Sorry, but the reason people bait around fairbanks is because spot and stalk isn't really a good option. Now maybe out towards unit 25C (12 mile summit, Eagle Summit) you can get enough visibility to do a little glassing, but the only place around fairbanks I've seen a bear is at my bait stations.

-Eric

If you have a partner, try calling. But remember when you call in a bear he is coming in to eat something and your are it. Also calling here in the Interior you are likely to call in a Grizzly, and again he is coming in to kill or eat something and you are it. A good partner is a requirement, otherwise they sneak in behind you, and you become dinner.

Default North

AKdutch, try to head north up the Dalton in the begining of June. The bears up north are about a week or so behind the local area, you may have to go past the Yukon, check the pull out areas for open valley access. Also as Lab man said check the steese but I have seen more bears on the haul. Usually in the fall though. Good luck!