Thread: 160 coni vs 220?

Default 160 coni vs 220?

I have always used the 220 for coon sets and was reading mixed reviews on the 160's - stating they were a bit too small. I would have to agree by looking at them but thought I would ask you fella's and gals for some inputs before I buy any?
    Thx
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I honestly have never found a good use for a 160 coni up here and doubt that many even own them
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

160 makes a good marten trap but I'd rather use 120s they got in my newspaper tubes. 220s are about the most versatile conibear made.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacherman View Post
    160 makes a good marten trap, but I'd rather use 120s they got in my newspaper tubes. 220s are about the most versatile conibear made.
    I would agree, I ordered a cpl dozen of the 220 Dukes today and will give them a wirl. Also ordered some #2 coil spring with offset jaws to try out for coyote, this wet dirt we get in IL makes it pretty tough for 1 1/2 coils to be effective. I have never used the offsets so will be fun playing with them...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

What do you guys trap up here in alaska with 220's?