Thread: almost success

Default almost success

set a couple muskrat pushups saturday, and checked them this morning, and had a muskrat in one, but unfortunatly it was only a leg, cause a fox dug into the pushup and ate it, but thats how it goes. used the leg for a mink set along a creek. Any body else caught anything?
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Hi FFG, muskrats seem to be the food of choice for most critters that hunt near water, I guess they gotta eat too!
    I had not trapped in many years and dug out a few 1 1/2 coils I had kept and made some sets showing my neighbors grandson a little bit about trapping Sat. Well, had a cpl misses Sunday AM, then 3/4 in of rain in afternoon - temps dropped from 65 to 26 so all my land sets were half frozen mudballs. Went out before work to run them thinking what a waste but did catch this young coyote female that must have run very early in the eve and a couple coons!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    set a couple muskrat pushups saturday, and checked them this morning, and had a muskrat in one, but unfortunatly it was only a leg, cause a fox dug into the pushup and ate it, but thats how it goes. used the leg for a mink set along a creek. Any body else caught anything?
    I'd go back to that set with some muskrat guts and set for the fox. Easy meals seem to stick in their minds.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Dave said exactly what I was thinking. That trap w/ the muskrat in it did not scare the fox, why would another trap? Can't hurt and have nothing to lose. He got a free meal once, why not twice?
    ARR

There are people with dogs around, which is why I didn't re set it wanted to bad though! Would it be worth setting another muskrat trap in that pushup? when I got back that morning I made sure the hut was sealed tight after I pulled my trap and the hole wasn't frozen. I figured Id set it again this week end I pulled all my traps sunday night in that area as its kinda out of the way. now I just have 3 traps along the road in a creek and marsh for mink and muskrat. I don't care to much for the idea of road trapping but ya gotta do what ya gotta do
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.