Thread: Anyone catch anything with a 338 Edge?

Default Anyone catch anything with a 338 Edge?

I've got a Remington 300wm that's too fast and flat shooting to take out anymore so I've been considering having it worked to a 338 Edge and converting to mag fed, Basner stock and a Krieger 27" w/ brake.

I can't afford a new 325 like some guys. And retirement is too far away for a 338 Lapua. Hell by then they might have put both into the Hall of Fame.

Anyone here running a 338 Edge? Where do you get ammo? Cuz I don't reload. Might someday though.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default Anyone catch anything with a 338 Edge?

Guess your wanting flatter, faster. Better find a buddy to reload for you then Haha

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    I've got a Remington 300wm that's too fast and flat shooting to take out anymore so I've been considering having it worked to a 338 Edge and converting to mag fed, Basner stock and a Krieger 27" w/ brake.

I can't afford a new 325 like some guys. And retirement is too far away for a 338 Lapua. Hell by then they might have put both into the Hall of Fame.

Anyone here running a 338 Edge? Where do you get ammo? Cuz I don't reload. Might someday though.
    Sounds like a country song for sure...

You have to stay in and do 20 to retire..

theirs 700, 323, since your counting

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytguy View Post
    You have to stay in and do 20 to retire..

theirs 700, 323, since your counting
    Yay!!!! Did balloons fall from your ceiling?

No, but I did stumble upon a 325 WSM, off the richardson hwy. mint condition with some road rash on it..,little dura coat and it will look brand new.,
    mile 128 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytguy View Post
    No, but I did stumble upon a 325 WSM, off the richardson hwy. mint condition with some road rash on it..,little dura coat and it will look brand new.,
    mile 128 I believe.
    Huh only you would claim a gun that didn't belong to you. Besides we all know that isn't mine, mine it's on a gravel bar somewhere on the delta river. Some of us are not cool like you and live a charmed life in Palmer...

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post

Hmm, i guess i dont understand why anyone would take a perfectly good reliable gun and throw money away like this....
    but to each their own i guess. if you hate it that much, sell it and buy a 338 rum (they are cheaper than the lapua).
    good luck and oh ya you will be paying double for ammo if not more if you do this. but what do i know.

Built an Edge a couple years ago. Have used it on several hunts and have taken several animals out to 500 yards with it. It is a little heavy, approx 14lbs with scope. You will have to reload your ammo...or find somebody else to do it/teach you. If you want any more info let me know, will share what knowledge I have.