Thread: ruger KLCR

Default ruger KLCR

so looking for some opinions.. Just looked at a ruger klcr in 357 and thinking about getting this for a purse gun for my wife.....any thoughts? my knowledge is very limited when it comes to concealed carry guns and even less when it comes to womans concealed carry...thanks in advance

Womens gun are like purses and shoes,let them pickem out.JMOFO
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I posted the same question a week or so back and no response...guess no one has one to comment about. A friend of a friend told me they are too much gun in .357 Mag but are OK with 38 +P. I used to carry a model 19 with a 2.5" barrel and it was a handfull with the Super Vel we used to carry so I undersand problem.

I have sorta left the idea behind becasue I have 2" 38+P guns, but I think it would be a great gun in .44 Spl and a 4" barrel...easy to carry but still shootable outside 10 yds.

I'm with Will...let your wife pick it out. My wife carries a Glock 19 and doesn't like the short revolvers...but each to their own desire. Her purse is already overweight so another few ounces won't matter.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

My wife has been carrying an LCR in .38 for a couple of years now. It's extremely light, so it's easy to carry. They are surprisingly accurate too, for a snubbie. .38+p is fairly snappy in it - your wife probably wouldn't want to shoot one loaded with .357s. I suppose you could always let her practise with .38s and load the .357s for self defense. A quick follow up shot would be out of the question in that scenario though.

Overall - they are light - weight, well - built, easy to carry and easy to shoot guns. You can't go wrong with a Ruger.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Thanks for the info fellas ..... kind of what my concern was, was the 357 being a bit too much for her especially since she is a novice shooter(as in never shot yet) and I didnt want to put her under the gun so to speak and have her scared to shoot..

And Will that there is solid advice and I will most definetaly take her along....

When given the choice of like guns in 357 or 38 Iíll always go the 357 model, for future resale value if nothing else. No reason you need to ever shoot anything but 38 in it if you donít want but you have left your options open.

Iíd not start her on a lazar, in fact if she has never shot a handgun Iíd start her on a 22. Fundamentals first, teach her crawl, walk, then run . . . rather than start at walk or run and wonder why she fell down and has no self confidence. Get her a full size 22 she that she will be able to hit stuff with and enjoy sooner, get her shooting and enjoying that and she'll go get her own upgraded like she wants all on her own I bet.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Andy that is solid advice indeed. I think you make a very good point..
    Dave