Thread: Fairbanks Ducks

Default Fairbanks Ducks

I know a sollution for these guys.

A few years ago the state opened a hunt on Clearwater Lake for subsistance and it really changed the way water fowl came to the lake. There used to be thousands of water fowl, now there are hundreds if you are lucky, they have a good sence of where they are safe.

I know its only 4 ducks, but if two of them make a home and bring up 5 chics each year maybe the lake can get back to what it used to be.

Clearwater Lake is feed underground and there is open water year round. Some people put out grain like Cramers Field does along the banks of the lake.

Its just a thought.

I have never heard of Clearwaater lake. Is it open to hunting or is it a closed area with duck hunting prohibited, i reallly know nothing about subsistance hunting. You state that some people put out grain to feed them, that may be ok if a closed area but putting out feed to attract ducks is highly illegal and I'm sure the fine would be high. Bud
    Wasilla

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_skipper View Post
    I know a sollution for these guys.

A few years ago the state opened a hunt on Clearwater Lake for subsistance and it really changed the way water fowl came to the lake. There used to be thousands of water fowl, now there are hundreds if you are lucky, they have a good sence of where they are safe.

I know its only 4 ducks, but if two of them make a home and bring up 5 chics each year maybe the lake can get back to what it used to be.

Clearwater Lake is feed underground and there is open water year round. Some people put out grain like Cramers Field does along the banks of the lake.

Its just a thought.
    Why do you say Fairbanks ducks? Folks from Fairbanks and the surrounding areas aren't allowed to take part in subsistance duck hunting in Delta or anywhere else. Delta residents and residents from other rural areas are the only ones who can make the changes you're talking about.