Thread: NULA Rifles

Default NULA Rifles

I was wondering if anyone here has one of these rifles? Anyone have one in the 30-06 class action. I was going to get a 338-06 built and use it for everything in AK, except for the biggest of bears. Also if anyone has one is there a way that I could look at it and get a feel for the stock. Any comments would be great.

Contact Jake he has one in 416 Rem. He has a lot of expierence with it in Ak. http://www.blackriverhunting.com/ He's over in Wasilla .
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

You can get a forbes light rifle in 30-06 for about 1/2 the cost of a NULA i

I have looked into forbes, but they dont make the caliber that I want.

I have one in .308 and it is a very nice and accurate little rifle. Weighs in at 5.5 lbs with the 2-7 Leupold scope and a sling. Recoil is not bad with the 168 gr loads that I have it sighted in with. Good for most anything but big brownies.

Quote Originally Posted by pws_fish_head View Post
    I have one in .308 and it is a very nice and accurate little rifle. Weighs in at 5.5 lbs with the 2-7 Leupold scope and a sling. Recoil is not bad with the 168 gr loads that I have it sighted in with. Good for most anything but big brownies.
    How long of a tube do you have? I was looking at a 24" tube for my 338-06. I figure the recoil can't be any more then my kimber 300 wsm was. He said he can build this rifle scoped at 6.6 lbs. I carry my rifles way more then I shoot them.

I have NULA rifles in 30-06, 7 mag, and 22 rim fire. Solidly built, accurate and well balanced. No complaints.
    "Actions speak louder than words - 'nough said"

Quote Originally Posted by swapdonkey View Post
    How long of a tube do you have? I was looking at a 24" tube for my 338-06. I figure the recoil can't be any more then my kimber 300 wsm was. He said he can build this rifle scoped at 6.6 lbs. I carry my rifles way more then I shoot them.
    My rifle has a 20" barrel. That is plenty for. 308 IMHO while still allowing for good maveurability.

in my opinion they are a fine custom rifle offering those options most wanted by shooters. melvin pioneered the stock and worked with colt for a short time to produce his rifle. after buying back his company he continues to build one of the finest shooting rifles extent. i have done some shooting with the model 24 in 30-06 and found it a delight on the bench or in the field. a preference for 165's and 168's repeatedly grouped 1/2" or less off the bench at 100yds. more importantly, it held groups at 3.077 or less from the sit at 200yds.
    if you can afford one rifle, this is the one to consider. amortized over 20 years it is a bargain.
    jh
    happy trails.
    jh

[QUOTE=pinehavensredrocket;1203}if you can afford one rifle, this is the one to consider. amortized over 20 years it is a bargain.
    jh[/QUOTE]

Well said...I think we often don't realize that when we buy a rifle we're buying something with a useful life of generations with reasonable care. Of the few really expensive (at least to me) rifles I own....the cost was forgotten long before the quality was.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit