Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lie-in and Tie-in get together at 3 Rivers Fly and Tackle

Default Lie-in and Tie-in get together at 3 Rivers Fly and Tackle

This Saturday, Nov. 10 at 10:00 I will be starting our get together again. Bring your vise and materials to tie what patterns you want, I will be tying up some "Willy Nelsons" this weekend. As always 10% off in-store merchandise for participants while there tying. Hope to see some of you there.

George

Thanks for pulling this together again, George. I'd be there for sure if I weren't chasing trout and birds in Montana. I hope to wind some thread with all of you when I get back.

I would like to go but I am sick, and I don't think you all want me to spread it! LOL

Kenaibow, thanks for not sharing... went through that this week already.

Nick, be safe and we can tie later. Bring back some leading edge flight feathers from some of your birds if you would.

George

There were only two of us tying with a couple other guys helping with the lying... I was tying some short "Willy Nelson's and Al Greene's", Harry was tying his Atlantic Style Chum Salmon patterns he loves to fish. Harry has lived here for many years and has some great insight to fishing in the valley. Hope to see more of you next Sat.

George

man sorry guys bout being sick i was too most have been and its been ugly! but darn it i missed it i wanted to come check it out and say hey to a few guys im new to the scene in general other then fishing hunting ect on my own but next time maybe ill show and see if i cant get a 10 % discount to buy a nice tying tool set up to tye and learn with you all i have a five gallon bucket of wild feathers and fur from hunts thats in very nice shape. i kept them to get into it. need some tools though mine were stolen and ive used my handy locking leatherman at the camp site for fun the last 6 years now and kinda works. and as a question to a few of you who seem like pros to semi pros do you do much flyes for ice fishing around here?

Troutslayer, looking forward to meeting you and tying... I have tied some "Ice flies" but have yet to fish them very heavy. They do look awesome but under the ice big or bait is king so far in my limited ice fishing experience. I think we could scare up a vice and materials from our tying class equipment till you build your own kit. Thanks for posting.

George

Heading to 3 Rivers again this Sat. 10 am for some tying. Will work some more Willie Nelson/Miles Davis/Al Green... Hope to see some of you there.

George

Just two tiers and one liar... Just kidding but just two of us tying and a couple others visiting. Cold day and windy, woke to a tree down in the yard, not a big one but time for chainsaw to be fixed...

George

Meeting this Sat. 10 am and if I can find my blue dubbing will be making the miles davis or tying up some stonefly nypmhs. Hope to see some of you there.

George

Going to be playing with Pheasant Tail Nymphs this Saturday. Anyone want to play?

George

Can't wait to join in on the lying in January. See you then. You won't believe the size of the fish I caught this summer. They were this big!!!.........

Stickshaker,
    Wow that is big, all those inches on one hand, amazing....

Grins,

G

I will be there tomorrow and it will be the last until next year. I will be tying some easy aelvin (sp). Hope to see some of you there, Merry Christmas.

George

Star Date 011213, Getting back in the grove. I will be back at 3 Rivers Fly and Tackle tying up some big nasties today 10:00 a.m. till when ever. Come on by and tie or lie or just talk the talk.

George

Well guys and gals, I am having shoulder surgery tomorrow and won't be able to make it to 3 Rivers this coming Saturday. This don't mean others can't and wont be there. I hope to be back at the vice by the following Sat. if not at least to go drink some of Tom's coffee anyway. Keep tying if for no other reasons than to be social...

George

Default Lie-in and Tie-in get together at 3 Rivers Fly and Tackle

Hope you have a speedy recovery George!

Hope your better than New soon!

Thanks for the well wishes guys, left shoulder so casting and nose picking shouldn't suffer.

George

Will be back at the vise on Sat. Feb 08, 10 am at 3 Rivers Fly and Tackle. My shoulder surgery went well, more involved than we expected but the Physical Therapist shared that I am further along in range of motion than anyone else he has seen 2 weeks out. Hope to see you in the morning.

Georg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast