Thread: Fishing trip in Ninilchik??

Question Fishing trip in Ninilchik??

I know this is a little off subject, but I'm hoping someone can help me out with finding a campground to stay at. A bunch of us are going to Ninilchik in mid May for a weekend of fishing. Any ideas for a good campground in that area? Any help would be much appreciated.

Default Suggestions. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Dust View Post
    I know this is a little off subject, but I'm hoping someone can help me out with finding a campground to stay at. A bunch of us are going to Ninilchik in mid May for a weekend of fishing. Any ideas for a good campground in that area? Any help would be much appreciated.
    You can camp on the beach—heading south, turn right just after crossing the river—or you can camp on the bluff—keep going after crossing the river, turn to the right as you near the top of the hill.

Might be a bit hard tent camping on the beach but nice on the bluff, which is more wooded. Neither spot has hook-ups.

Oh...let me tell you about our trip last year, end of may to ninilchick......we stayed at afishunt campground and chartered from them...outstanding people and the only coast guard approved charter vessels in town. Awesome, took my 80 year old mother-in-law, and wife. Clamming and fishing for 7 days. Met people from all over 48, who travel to that site every year. I will be back. Dan.

oh yeah...got lots of fish too, and over 200 razor clams!!!!

Default Not the only one

They are not the only coast guard approved charter vessel.
    Marc Theiler

i have done business with afishunt quite a bit, and they're great, but definitely not the only coast guard approved charter in ninilchik... they all have to be coast guard approved to operate in the salt. nevertheless, they're a great charter to try.
    www.akfishology.com

fishing isn't about life or death... it's more important than that.

Hmmm.......seems like there are a half dozen places to stay within a couple miles of each other. If your going on Memorial Day weekend, you'll be joining the masses and better leave on Wed. or Thurs. night if you want a choice in your spot. It has been quite a few years since I have been down that way so it may have changed, probably even more crowded now Good luck.

Common june 4th Time for me to be fishing