Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police Blotter Posts

Default Police Blotter Posts

Hi folks,

Just a reminder that we do not allow posts of items found in the police blotters, state trooper reports, news reports and so forth.

We do not allow posting and discussion of violators and their alleged violations listed in police blotters, state trooper reports, newspaper articles, websites, etc. See this thread for the reasons why.

We have had this rule as part of our standards for many years, and we are reminding our members that we still follow that standard.

Thanks for your cooperation.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Well, SOON we will only be talking about PB&J and if the toilet paper should be installed so as to come off the top or from the back of the roll.

Yes and one more time what is the best bear handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Well, SOON we will only be talking about PB&J and if the toilet paper should be installed so as to come off the top or from the back of the roll.

Yes and one more time what is the best bear handgun.
    I certainly hope not! This rule has been with us for many years, and the forums are rolling along just fine. My apologies if some of these threads have slipped through while we have been out rounding up spammers the last couple of months. I just want to make sure we keep on track with our rules. The last thread we deleted was a perfect example of why we don't go there. It was only up a few hours and was already spinning out of control into name-calling and personal attacks.

If anyone is not sure what the rules are, please take a minute to read the FAQ at the top of the page. It's all in there.

Regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.

I got one of them vertical mounts so it comes off the side.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    but the real question is WHAT is the best side....left or right...

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    but the real question is WHAT is the best side....left or right...
    Depends on whether you're looking up at it, or looking down on...
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

So if the info comes from the police blotter...........we can't talk about it. But if the info comes from a real reliable source...........like a newspaper reporter, with names and all..........well then it's fair game?
    Makes sense to me!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Default TP? no.

PB&J, yeah, but TP? Can't talk about that. Everyone knows that those in the @#$%^&*(#$ party has theirs come off the back and everyone in the @#$%^&%$#@ party has theirs come off the top. With no political forum, I see no place here to discuss TP usage.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Oh, now, i, you just had to blurt that out. Guess that makes you part of the #$%^%$%^&^% party. Ewwww.

Mike, you really could have guessed the future direction of this thread, now couldn't you have?

Add the alaskadispatch to that list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    So if the info comes from the police blotter...........we can't talk about it. But if the info comes from a real reliable source...........like a newspaper reporter, with names and all..........well then it's fair game?
    Makes sense to me!
    It's all spelled out in the rules.

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    It's all spelled out in the rules.

-Mike
    I bet most of us haven't read the rules for some time. We are all such good boys. Since you WROTE the rules, Mike, could you refresh our memories and quote the relevant portions we have so readily forgot?
    Thanks.

I bet most of us haven't read the rules for some time. We are all such good boys. Since you WROTE the rules, Mike, could you refresh our memories and quote the relevant portions we have so readily forgot?
    Thanks.
    Actually I didn't write these rules. In fact, I don't believe I have even amended them. They were written by David Johnson, the original owner of the site, several years ago.

That said, it's clear that you 1) haven't read them in a while and 2) haven't read post #1 in this thread in a while, where I quoted the relevant rule less than an hour ago. I don't know how much clearer I can make it.

-Mike

Apologies for my oversight, Mike.

That said, could you explain why this thread has gone on for 16 pages.
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ged-threads%29

It appears to me it follows the very same type you say is NOT allowed.
    I'm confused.

That case is not an open case; they closed it. But I think it was OK even before they closed their case because it involves a F&G official.

Administrator

Apologies for my oversight, Mike.

That said, could you explain why this thread has gone on for 16 pages.
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ged-threads%29

It appears to me it follows the very same type you say is NOT allowed.
    I'm confused.
    Well we haven't always done the best job of enforcing the rules. Human nature I guess. We're imperfect. I see I did encourage folks to avoid speculating while the jury was still out. The point is that we are trying to keep the police blotter stuff out of the forums because it usually leads to speculation and all sorts of ugliness.

If it helps, I'm the first to admit to being inconsistent. We're trying. That said, the reminder stands, as does the rule.

-Mike

Disregard.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Mike I mean this with the utmost respect but I hafta raise the BS flag here. Even you took part of a thread that now you are trying to regulate and state that topics such as these are not allowed.

Honestly it looks more like mods pick and choose what they want to let go. That's the only consistency.

Again, I mean this with utmost respect.

Thanks.
    Things are not how they appear to some.

If you're looking for perfection, you're looking in the wrong place. I know of few people who would subject their work to the scrutiny of over a million viewers and expect those eyes to not see the imperfections. What we're doing is not perfect, but we usually do our best and most seem to appreciate the effort. That's one of the reasons we have survived and thrived in the Internet community for over 16 years.

I suppose in the interest of consistency I could take several days to plow through the thousands of posts to find the ones we were not consistent on and prune them. But I have many other demands on my time (including constant work on this site, in places you probably don't visit) and in the end I would miss some anyway. I would still have to put up with folks who see a hidden agenda where there is none. We get it every year with those who are just convinced that the draw permits are rigged and so on. I'm working at full capacity right now, with a very limited budget. In case you have not noticed I don't get nearly as much opportunity to post as I used to (maybe that's a good thing?) That's because I am busting my tail elsewhere. I promise I will continue trying to do my best work. But I can't promise to do it perfectly and consistently.

-Mike

Things are not how they appear to some.

If you're looking for perfection, you're looking in the wrong place. I know of few people who would subject their work to the scrutiny of over a million viewers and expect those eyes to not see the imperfections. What we're doing is not perfect, but we usually do our best and most seem to appreciate the effort. That's one of the reasons we have survived and thrived in the Internet community for over 16 years.

I suppose in the interest of consistency I could take several days to plow through the thousands of posts to find the ones we were not consistent on and prune them. But I have many other demands on my time (including constant work on this site, in places you probably don't visit) and in the end I would miss some anyway. I would still have to put up with folks who see a hidden agenda where there is none. We get it every year with those who are just convinced that the draw permits are rigged and so on. I'm working at full capacity right now, with a very limited budget. In case you have not noticed I don't get nearly as much opportunity to post as I used to (maybe that's a good thing?) That's because I am busting my tail elsewhere. I promise I will continue trying to do my best work. But I can't promise to do it perfectly and consistently.

-Mike
    Thanks for the response.

As you can see, I rethought myself and scrubbed it thinking what's the point.

I'm aware there's many facets here besides the few narrow places I do my digging, and a minimum list of people to do the leg work.

No ones asking for perfection, but atleast be consistent.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Hi folks,

Just a reminder that we do not allow posts of items found in the police blotters, state trooper reports, news reports and so forth.

We have had this rule as part of our standards for many years, and we are reminding our members that we still follow that standard.

Thanks for your cooperation.

-Mike[/COLOR]
    Mike this rule might have been around for some time but you the owner and your moderators pick and choose when to enforce it and when to join in on the bashing. I find it funny that this is the first time there has been a military bashing going on and one of you has chosen to put a stop to it despite me bringing it to some of the moderators attention previously(one of them being prior military himself!).

Any chance we could get a forum for folks over sixty only like the womens forum?
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast