Thread: Prince William Sound Oyster Fans

Default Prince William Sound Oyster Fans

Last night we cooked up a huge pot of delicious oyster stew for our guests staying on the Cathy G in Culross Cove (our 76' Prince William Sound Lodging vessel). We bought the oysters at the Perry Island oyster farm and as usual they were top notch. The oysters were clean and well maintained. The new folks that are managing the farm this year are super nice and you can hail them on the VHF radio (Royal Wave One) to order your oysters as you're coming into the bay ($15/dozen). They will get the oysters out the bags for you and bring them to your boat. We hope they continue to prosper so that we'll always have this great supply of oysters for our lodging guests and friends.
    Matt
    Whittier Water Taxi and Prince William Sound Lodging

We sat on the hook many a night last summer listening to folks calling the Oyster farm, what a treat to have that resource out there; next year we are definitely going stop by.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

They are good! Will be making more stops next summer.
    Highly recommended and great service.
    Heard one guy last summer on the radio asking for 30 dozen....then a minute later he upped it to 50 dozen. Thats alot of oysters!
    BK

Nothing beats them fresh from the water! I knew the previous caretakers and was on the hook there every Friday buying 10-12 dozen. Troy and Melissa are definately taking good care of the oysters and good on them to be responsive to those calling in. With this summers response I think they will do very well...just hope they are growing up enough spat to keep up with demand!!!

I bought from them several time this summer as well. Great oysters and Very nice people. I'm looking forward to seeing them this winter too.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Couldnt agree more. Super nice folks and a beautiful product..

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Cline View Post
    Last night we cooked up a huge pot of delicious oyster stew for our guests staying on the Cathy G in Culross Cove (our 76' Prince William Sound Lodging vessel). We bought the oysters at the Perry Island oyster farm and as usual they were top notch. The oysters were clean and well maintained. The new folks that are managing the farm this year are super nice and you can hail them on the VHF radio (Royal Wave One) to order your oysters as you're coming into the bay ($15/dozen). They will get the oysters out the bags for you and bring them to your boat. We hope they continue to prosper so that we'll always have this great supply of oysters for our lodging guests and friends.
    Matt
    Whittier Water Taxi and Prince William Sound Lodging
    I got a few dozen a couple times this summer, wonderful oysters and I look forward to getting them again next year.

On a side note, how is the hunting going out there this winter, any deer?
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Be careful catching them oysters- they are addictive - I think that we bought about a dozen dozen or so last summer....

BTW - they freeze very well too, my brother took some home to wyoming with him in Sept. He just ate them last week and reported that they were very good!

JR2, the deer hunting in the northern part of the sound has been very slim pickings. Our hunters are consistantly bringing back deer from Montague though. There has not been much snow down there yet though. The duck hunting in the sound has been very productive though!

VERY good oysters, Thanks Spoiled one for taking us there. I will go back for more.