Thread: Port chalmers, montaque island

Default Port chalmers, montaque island

Some friends and I are staying in the port chalmers cabin soon. We're planning on taking 10 gal of heating oil and a few bundles of wood, if anyone has stayed there how much did you take/ use? Well be staying there for 7 days, any info would be greatly appreciated.

I would add 5 gallons of fuel oil. I haven't stayed at the port chalmers cabin, but others and 2 gallons per day would not be enough if you like it toasty.

Add dura logs....also as your burning wood your also dry wood. Best of luck to your party I leave on 16th...
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Is there a wood stove inside the cabin too? If you are burning the wood outside - leave it behind and take diesel/kerosene instead.

We stayed there many years back and brought heating fuel along...brought most of it back with us because someone had used the wrong fuel in the stove and gummed it all up. You can find wood around there to burn, bring a bow saw with you, but be ready to dry it out first.

Akmike what cabin are y'all staying in?

I stayed there last October for 4 or 5 nights. We took 5 gallons and probably burned 3 or 4. It was warmer then than now and stayed a couple fewer days so I would say you will be fine with 10 gallons.

We're in the prince William sound Adventures cabin on the float... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352253674.525314.jpg
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Take a couple dura logs it help a lot when trying to get the fire started... It takes a little to get a fire going.