Thread: Fly Casting In Fairbanks

Default Fly Casting In Fairbanks

Well I am glad the valley / Anchorage had a good turn out and I wish I would not have had a commitment that kept me from coming down to have some fun. That being said I have worked a deal with Sportman's Warehouse in Fairbanks and will be having a free Fly Casting Lesson Beginer to Immd. The class will be two hours long and talk about set up for local fisheries as well as Salmon. Some rods will be provided for use however bring your own is best because of limited gear. Class time is set from 6-8PM at Sportsman's either 8 or 9 May. Call 907-374-8800 to sign up.

Again rick and group I would like to take the time to say thank you for sharing your knowledge as well. It promotes the sport and keeps lures off of my fly line :-)

Blue Moose

That's great Blue Moose! Folks in the Fairbanks area pay attention to this. This is a great way to get an introduction to the sport or get your cast fine tuned for summer! I know I had allot of fun with the Valley seminar.

Rick P

Thumbs up flycasting class on May 9th ....

Thanks to Shawn and BlueMoose for the great class this evening....my wife and I both learned enough to get started and learn some more.

Rick and Diane

Default Rick

Thanks for the positive comments! S.P.Jones is a great guy, and I am glad he was able to help! To be honest you guys were low maintenance and it went smooth. Will have to turn it into a 4 hour gig next time. The people at Sportsman's warehouse were great as well. Maybe later this summer we can open the doors again and do it on the Chena! :-)

Tight Lines and Best Wishes!

Moose-O

BlueMoose-DUDE,

Looking for a reel that fits nice on that 2wt. Got any suggestions?

George in the Bristol Bay region and couldn't make to either casting get togethers.

G

Default G.R Reel Selection

Man I hate to go there.

Looking for a reel that fits into the 3 -3.5 oz. range. One of the best values going is made by TFO machined double click paw drag for under a $100.00.

If you contact Dick Sagara @ dsagara@earthlink.net
    TFO Western Region Sales Rep you might find that your options a great.
    Tell Dick Blue Moose Rafting Sent you ask about your options.
    I understand the response is a little Cryptic so if your looking for more info PM my eh.

If you do not wish to use TFO look at the Orvis CFO, or Ross either one fits the bill that will match the rod.

Tight Lines my friend I hope you have a very productive season.

If you have a chance stop into to Fairbanks 816 28th Ave we have opened our Raft / Paddle Store or visit the new Web page and get directions.

Blue Moose-O