Thread: Bring It Or Sell It?

Default Bring It Or Sell It?

If I get my position in Fairbanks, have to make a decision in regard to a couple boats I have. A 15' War Eagle/30 horse and a 14' 1436 Crstliner jonboat/15 horse. Bring one/both, or sell them and get something more suitable for general hunting use when I get there....

It really depends on what type of boating you want to do up here. There are several different boat configurations depending on use, ie river boats, saltwater boats and lake boats. Those boats sound like they'd be ok on lakes, and have limited use on rivers. Most folks run jet pumps or go-devil style engines on the rivers, as they get really shallow in spots.

You also have to consider the trouble/expense of bringing those boats up here. If your move is being paid, that's one thing, if you have to tow them or pay to have them shipped, that's quite another.

As far as a general use boat, that's a huge can of worms and most folks agree that a do it all boat generally doesn't do anything paticularly well. I'd say a 20' aluminum semi V skiff with a 50 horse engine with both prop and jet lower units would be as close to a do it all river/salt water boat as you can get.

Thanks Paul...

I would have to agree, Paul rapped that up in a nutshell