Thread: ATV Service In AK...

Default ATV Service In AK...

Purely in regard to service and parts availability, what are the best ATV makes for use in Alaska? If I get my position, I'll be in Fairbanks...

Not a problem. ATV's, snowmachines, boats, planes, etc. is big business in the Interior. Dealers for all brands here. You can get what you need. Like anywhere though, sometimes the parts shop doesn't have what you need at that moment. Plus you can always order online if need be. When you come up I'll show you around and you can check things out.

Perry

Moving from Devils Lake, you will at least be acclimated to the weather. I spent 3.5 years in Grand Forks. If you like fishing, you should really like it.

I know a girl whose family had(s) the Dairy Queen.

Sounds good, Perry. We figure we'll buy a second ATV and bring it with. My wife's is a Polaris...

Yep, DL and Fairbanks share remarkably similar winters. Our days are a touch longer is all...

I'm sure you can buy a quad cheaper down there. From what I've seen on the internet sometimes you can save up to a grand or more. They pretty much go for retail up here.

Jon, if you're here end of May into June you'll see 24 hrs of daylight!

This is going to sound dumb and a touch off topic, but with 24 hours of daylight (or night), how are legal shooting hours figured for hunting? Down here it's half hour before sunrise till sunset for most seasons & critters...

Except for federal waterfowl laws we do not have designated legal hunting times.
    Tennessee

The regs state that you cannot shoot the critter by artifical light. Only sunlight and moonlight. Last year I came real close to getting my moonlight bull. I had him in the scope but he was moving through the brush and I couldn't get a clean shot. A buddy of mine got one by moonlight while we were hunting about 15 years ago. That was cool.

Wow. Bet that moonlight hunting can get interesting in big bear country...

Back on subject, I have my 15' War Eagle up to swap down here for a second ATV. Sounds like it's too small for a good portion of hunting/boating up there, which means it's not worth the cost of bringing it. If nothing develops in a couple weeks, I may see about trading it on another ATV at a dealership...