Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kotz losing another transporter

Default Kotz losing another transporter

Read in the newspaper recently that one of the major Kotz transporters was just convicted on multiple counts of tax fraud. Sounds like he could be unavailable for the next five years, if you know what I mean.

Who is still operating up in Kotz? Seems the options are becoming limited.

Care to tell who the transporter is or a link to the article? I hope it's not Jim Kincaid

I read it in the ADN but count find the link so I had to dig up a couple others.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/ak/news/...%20Spisak.html

http://peninsulaclarion.com/news/201...of-tax-evasion

Thanks for the link, kinda figured it was him anyways.

No surprisev there! I had my money on him or the other outfit with North in the title. Certainly not Jim :-)

Says he's being remanded until sentencing in January. Maybe he'll get lucky and be released at that point for time served but it doesn't look too promising. Looks like he's been running in circles for awhile. Hope no hunting clients get left on the hook.

Mike is a good guy and a good pilot. He has been a pirate for as long as I have known him. (late eighties)...that is just the way he wanted to operate, in the late eighties it worked for him. He is not ashamed of who he is. He's welcome at my camp fire anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by pipercub View Post
    Mike is a good guy and a good pilot. He has been a pirate for as long as I have known him. (late eighties)...that is just the way he wanted to operate, in the late eighties it worked for him. He is not ashamed of who he is. He's welcome at my camp fire anytime.
    Seriously? If he did what it says he did, then he's a thief, and not a petty thief either.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Things are not always as they seem. Mike was always trying to perfect the pirate lifestyle. When you operated on the edge of society, you resent the government sticking their hand out wanting more, when in fact they have provided you nothing in return.

Things are not always as they seem. Mike was always trying to perfect the pirate lifestyle. When you operated on the edge of society, you resent the government sticking their hand out wanting more, when in fact they have provided you nothing in return.
    If a guy wants to pick a fight with the government, that's one thing. But when a guy withholds tax money from his employees, and keeps that money for himself, that's theft, plain and simple. Your pirate friend was stealing from all the rest of us who pay our social security tax... (And now he's going to get room and board in the big house, also at our expense).
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Sounds like he'll be getting something in return and pretty soon.

The man stole from America...period... As a CPA, we see this stuff every day. There are a couple things you don't forget to pay when owning a business and your payroll tax is one of them. It was withheld from EMPLOYEES paychecks (as well as the other half employer paid), therefore at least half of these funds were not even his money. The Gov't is ruthless here and should be..

Quote Originally Posted by cusackla View Post
    No surprisev there! I had my money on him or the other outfit with North in the title. Certainly not Jim :-)
    Because when you operate under a church, one doesn't pay taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by fssks17 View Post
    Because when you operate under a church, one doesn't pay taxes?
    No fssks17 because Jim and his family are honest hard working people!

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    If a guy wants to pick a fight with the government, that's one thing. But when a guy withholds tax money from his employees, and keeps that money for himself, that's theft, plain and simple. Your pirate friend was stealing from all the rest of us who pay our social security tax... (And now he's going to get room and board in the big house, also at our expense).
    You bet. Could not be said better!

This looks an awful lot like one of those things we aren't supposed to talk about anymore. It's in the rules!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    This looks an awful lot like one of those things we aren't supposed to talk about anymore. It's in the rules!
    There's a few comment that would fall under the "no negative comments" rule. The posting of the articles wouldn't qualify under the Police Blotter rule though because they are not about allegations, they are about a conviction. So if everyone would just withhold any negative comment we can keep this information on the site. I believe this is important information as I'm sure there are some early planners out there who've already booked services for next season and probably need to make a phone call and find out what is going to happen to their hunt. Probably others out there who had this person on their list of transporters to call over the winter while planning out their upcoming hunts.

i'd call jared at golden eagle for a hunt if i was coming up here.

Quote Originally Posted by cjustinm View Post
    i'd call jared at golden eagle for a hunt if i was coming up here.
    Me too..........tho Spizak has had his share of praise on this forum.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

I like Mike. But to book a hunt, Golden Eagle all the way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast