Thread: HELP: May Combo Charter Recommendations?

Default HELP: May Combo Charter Recommendations?

I have my favorite brother in law and his dad coming to Anchorage the last week of May. They want to do a combo ( King and Halibut Charter ) and a rainbow float trip. I have to Rainbow trip covered with Troutfitters in Cooper Landing they are fantastic! But I don't have any experience with the King/Halibut combo trips. Does anyone have recommendations?

We can go to Homer/Seward/Whittier/Ninilichick or wherever the fish are most likely to be that week. The places they researched and found online are linked below: ( I haven't heard of them before )

www.alaskafishingtrips.biz/
    www.alaskancharters.com.

Default Here's the one I have been going with

I have gone with Vader Charters the past 3 years and I've booked a charter with him again this year in a few weeks, he's out of Anchor Point. We stay at the camp ground right by the tractor launch and ride 4-wheelers too, good times. I have enjoyed it, he's hospitable and really funny. There are a lot though, and I don't know that many, but I've had a good time. Good Luck.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Arrow Fish Ninilchik

I recommend Rod n' Reel Fishing charters in Ninilchik. They have specials going on right now for Combo fishing. Plus their cabins are $50/night. Bad part is you have to book by the end of today to get the special price. The special was from the Outdoors show in April here in Anchorage. Good luck.

Default Rod & Reel

Good luck getting ahold of Rod & Reel today, I was just getting my two reels lined with 80 pound spectra an hour ago at B & J's and they were there buying gear.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

just thought i'd let you know that most rivers will be closed for trout in late may... including the kenai, which is troutfitters territory.
    www.akfishology.com

fishing isn't about life or death... it's more important than that.

Quote Originally Posted by markw3 View Post
    just thought i'd let you know that most rivers will be closed for trout in late may... including the kenai, which is troutfitters territory.
    Oops.... What are the other good options for Trout in late May? I really would like them to get a chance to see some nice rainbows while they are in town!

I bet troutfitter might have some reccomendations
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.