Thread: Fly-in couribou hunt-need info

Default Fly-in couribou hunt-need info

Greetings,

I am looking to find an air taxi for a caribou hunt up on the North Slope for my Dad and I towards the end of July. We both live here in AK and know that no hunts up here are very easy, but he is 60 and has bad knees and won't be able to trek very many miles across the tundra so we think the fly-in is the best approach. We are just looking to get dropped off near the herd and picked up a few days later - nothing fancy. I also have heard that there might be a river boat service up there as well which may be another option. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!

Call Ralph Miller at Deltana Outfitters (907)895-5006. He flies out of Happy Valley. Brother and I used him last year and 4 of us are heading up this year. EricL

what ever happened to Dave Neil, he used to be at happy valley, had a great hunt with him many years ago.

Default long gone

Dave past away quite some time aga in a plane crash

wow- sorry to hear that

AKhunter would appreciate any details about that if you wouldnt mind email me scottabow@aol.com

thanks again
    Scott George

Default Alaska Bush Sports

Give Mike a call at Alaska Bush Sports 1-907-209-0119, Great Pilot who use to guide up there. Im taking one or both of my son's up to happy valley for a bou hunt this year. With alot of these outfitts you never know who the pilot will be and that matters to me. Great pilot and proven record.

Terry