Thread: First year jet carnage.

Thumbs up First year jet carnage.

I only looked at my jet once last summer. The last couple trips were into some shallow areas. Here is what I found ...

The Jet

The ring

I wonder how much this effected my boats performance. The last trip was a long one and I used ALOT of fuel.

New ring and the jet is all cleaned up and shimmed. I changed the oil , filter, ran grease until it was like new coming out, new fuel filter and plugs. Ran it for 30 minutes. Looks good. Almost ready. I need a lake to open so I can make sure there aren't any bugs.

BTW - Performance Marine got a deal on some reconditioned jets. Not a bad deal for stainless. Check them out. Very helpful and the prices were reasonable.

Mike

Exclamation wow

holy crap i just rebuilt the jet on my 81 wooldridge with bronze impellars and thats what they looked After i used a slidehammer on them! your cutlass bearings must have been toasted to cause that much damage. did you ever run it out of the water?

What is a cutlass bearing?
    Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Man View Post
    holy crap i just rebuilt the jet on my 81 wooldridge with bronze impellars and thats what they looked After i used a slidehammer on them! your cutlass bearings must have been toasted to cause that much damage. did you ever run it out of the water?
    Never ran out of water. Just a few too many smaller rocks. The guy that I got the ring from said it is not too bad as he sees them cut in 2.

It is all about the learning experience. I learned that a boat is a hole in the water that you pour money into.