Thread: Lucys yr

Default Lucys yr

Lucy came to me in mid march. she was 4 mo old, i had picked her up with my mom in jan 1 day before putting down there 12 yr old springer, lucy was a bundle of energy. we worked on training & i got her whistle trained to come & stay, she also learned the boundry of the house. Summer came & we were head over heals busy at work, she went to work with me every day, i'm thankful the company i worked for allowed this. fall came & work kept us to busy to get out & hunt. Mid sept & we had t head to oregon for failing family matters
    first grouse 1 day before heading to oregon
    we returned in mid oct. & got on a couple ptarmigan
    then another grouse, we hit a few areas around southcentral having limited sucess, alot of days of nothing & then a day of a couple birds

in the last week or so its been very limited sucess but today she jumped up 1 & we connected
    she likes the new boat
    & loves the ranger
    i'd like to thank some of the forum members that gave me info around interior alaska & while we didn't get there this year we will in the future. Lucy has some training to work on this winter & upcoming year but she's a great dog with an outstanding personality & i could ask for anything more weather she excells or not
    we are headed back to oregon for a month this week & i hope to get her on a few birds down there......

great looking dog, I'm hoping to make a trip up north next year as well with my GSP's did you get your dog here in Alaska or out of state.

got her in tacoma, wa

The length of time with our beloved dogs is frightingly finite. Glad to see the ending of an era was merely the turning of a page. Post updates often.
    Go Big Red!

Very cool pics and descriptions. I too have been finding forest grouse hunting w/my dog to be problematic...road birds not counting. Lord willing... to see another high cycle...seems a long time...like a cycle and a half...good luck in Oregon. Nicely done on the ptarmigan.

Nice looking pooch!

Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    The length of time with our beloved dogs is frightingly finite. Glad to see the ending of an era was merely the turning of a page. Post updates often.
    Ditto

And ditto to the Low numbers...seems like numbers on decline that last couple years. So far this fall ptarmigan have been few and far between. Still finding pairs and singles rather than groups.