Thread: Diana" kill your bison yet?...

Default Diana" kill your bison yet?...

I have been asked a few times if I got my bison yet and I’ve also been congratulated on getting my bison...here is a recent post of mine in an existing thread, Delta Bison Hunt Tips, started by Muskeg_Stomper.

Thanks, Diana
    ------------------------

Originally Posted by Muskeg_Stomper
    And did you harvest your cow yet young lady????
    ----------------------------------------

I have not walked out the door with my rifle, yet. I will make time for me before it gets too cold. I am taking my time, for if I move to fast I will miss the sense of where I am going and why. I feel gifted and humbled to have gotten this permit. These animals are more to me than meat in my freezer or a head on my wall. I have a lot of admiration and love for these magnificent creatures. For centuries there has been stories told of hunting and killing a plains bison…I want the story my children and grandchildren tell to be more than my mom/nana killed a bison. As if, it was nothing magical and or majestic. When my moment comes to pull the trigger and I take my last breath, there will be a thousand thoughts race through my mind. When my bison hits the ground and she is taking her last breathe…she will know I give thanks and apologies.

Thanks for asking...

No pressure...
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Its the journey that counts most,enjoy
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

The state signals the beginning of your hunt. You signal the end of it when you pull the trigger. I know you know this, but some might not - its never a good idea to be in a hurry when hunting bison.

Be smart? Yes. In a hurry? No.

I look forward to your hunt report whenever that happens. I hope you can share some pictures and some story. Thanks for what you do share here.

Diana, You where so helpful during my hunt! I am still enjoying the meat and got my mount back. It is simply awsome!! Yes what a trophy and my son and I will forever share this very special trip till I go in the grave! Thanks again and you of all people know who special the animals are!!!

At risk of finding out later that the prettiest girl didn't have a date to the prom ...well, I just realize there is more to it than pulling the trigger.

pm sent & just let me know if you could use the help.

Umm.....Mom you might wanna take care of it before it gets really cold and windy!! Cuz dad and me would sure appreciate it!! Catch my drift!!? haha

Default Diana" kill your bison yet?...

I wasn't trying to rush you Diana. I was just thinking along the same lines as your son and hubby. The days are getting shorter and colder. That was certainly a consideration that I had even though I was prepared to burn up the six weeks of vacation time that I had saved up. My kids are just like your's too always asking when we're going to start eating buffalo regularly. Of course you have the luxury of savoring every minute of the season due to your proximity. Enjoy!