Thread: easy gold!

Default easy gold!

so i live in a apartment wich kills most hope to do what i wish but last night i finaly decided to grab a bucket of dirt and go threw it from a huge hill in my back yard that was sheared of steeply to make a lot for the buildings its probaly 80 feet tall maybe 100 tall and 1000+ feet long i found at least 20 small flakes after doing a quick test run through a sluice in the tub just to see if there was anything is there realy easy gold all around like that all the rocks are round and smooth and lots of sand with several sediment layers one of wich were i got my bucket from and it is in big lake just curiouse of others experiances in like situations

Not to insult you but are you sure it is gold or pyrite?

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

100% ive been mineing for over twenty years mostly with my father when it stays in the same spot in your pan from start to finish its usualy gold move your pan fast enough pyrite does move if still in question if u try to cut it gold cuts pyrite cracks

I would pretend I am filling sand bags for weight in the back of my truck. Stock pile a bit and have some fun on a idle day getting the gold. I'd also not tell anyone anything else.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

hey troutslayer where did you say you lived...;)

thankfuly it is rite in my back yard to walk to and during winter will b still very easy to get due to the steepness of the hill it dont hold snow frozen sand and gravel wont stop a big pick and as long as i dont use euquipment its fine ill be digging all winter!!! and as i said i went through a whole bucket already finished my second full clean up after i first posted took only a few hours and i have alot of time of from work gunna have alot of sand for the driveway this year.

When I first bought my highbanker we tested it at my parents house in Kasilof.
    Found several specks of gold from the dark sands the river left after the big flood of 95.
    When you say tub I am assuming you mean a plastic/galvanized metal tub and not the bathtub correct?
    My wife would not be happy if I was panning in the bathtub. Also would be a pain to clean up.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

yes i do mean the bath tub but i have a system set up with a very small sluice to use the tub faucete and yes my lady is the same took alot of creation to make a 100% clean apperatouse but it is i will have to gets some pics one day or short vid in opperation i use a charcoal filter at the bottom of my collection tub with a tube and many screens all dirt stays in the catch tub and does not overflow and the filter is easy to clean at any time due to a ball valve to cut off the outflow i had to make more time to screen dirt and it worked very well being i dont have a garage

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    When I first bought my highbanker we tested it at my parents house in Kasilof.
    Found several specks of gold from the dark sands the river left after the big flood of 95.
    When you say tub I am assuming you mean a plastic/galvanized metal tub and not the bathtub correct?
    My wife would not be happy if I was panning in the bathtub. Also would be a pain to clean up.

oooooohhh good point sure hat to clog up that tub trap....could cost more to fix then that there gold you found...;)

Quote Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
    yes i do mean the bath tub but i have a system set up with a very small sluice to use the tub faucete and yes my lady is the same took alot of creation to make a 100% clean apperatouse but it is i will have to gets some pics one day or short vid in opperation i use a charcoal filter at the bottom of my collection tub with a tube and many screens all dirt stays in the catch tub and does not overflow and the filter is easy to clean at any time due to a ball valve to cut off the outflow i had to make more time to screen dirt and it worked very well being i dont have a garage
    You do realize the real gold would be found in making and selling that bathtub contraption you invented, don't you?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

very possable. i build alot oF diferent things and have always loved it and end up with great benifits from it

Troutslayer,
    Any pics yet of your bathtub sluice yet??
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

no pics yet i need to get a photo bucket account going or something due to the size of all my pics i use my nikon d3100 on hi res and one pic took up all my album space lol so not yet but i will when i get that going