Thread: kodiak bear info needed

Default kodiak bear info needed

has anyone hunted for bear in sharatin bay in the spring, and did you need to pay a native trespass fee. any info would be appreciated

I'm not saying that you don't have too, but I don't know anyone that has, or will for that matter.

This should give you an idea. Brown on the map is native, Afognak Native Corp. They will ticket you if caught with out a permit. Trespass bear permit is spendy ($500), ($100) for regular up to a deer. Not worth it IMO.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352091275.020497.jpg

Also, did you draw that permit? That's off the road system and is a draw area last I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt-n-fool View Post
    has anyone hunted for bear in sharatin bay in the spring, and did you need to pay a native trespass fee. any info would be appreciated
    I've got a spring 2013 Sharatin party tag for spring 2013. Have lots of info because I've been planning this hunt for the last 12 years, every year I've put in for the tag. There's access through Shartin without having to obtain an Afognak Native Corp tag but in all honesty I'll purchase one ($600 for Res, $1200 for Non-Res) because I know it could be a once in a lifetime hunt. The State put in a trail out to Sharatin from what I hear (never traveled it before) and it's about 6 miles to the bay I guess. You can access it from the parking lot at the end of Anton Larsen Bay Rd. Otherwise, boat or fly-in is available as well. If you plan on hunting Kazuyak (spelling??) Bay you'll most likely want to get a pass from the Afognak Native Corp. http://www.afognak.com/media/pdf/lan...mit_policy.pdf They usually send out a brochure with letter and information pertaining to access the land as soon as the permits are awarded. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by supern8inak View Post
    I've got a spring 2013 Sharatin party tag for spring 2013. Have lots of info because I've been planning this hunt for the last 12 years, every year I've put in for the tag. There's access through Shartin without having to obtain an Afognak Native Corp tag but in all honesty I'll purchase one ($600 for Res, $1200 for Non-Res) because I know it could be a once in a lifetime hunt. The State put in a trail out to Sharatin from what I hear (never traveled it before) and it's about 6 miles to the bay I guess. You can access it from the parking lot at the end of Anton Larsen Bay Rd. Otherwise, boat or fly-in is available as well. If you plan on hunting Kazuyak (spelling??) Bay you'll most likely want to get a pass from the Afognak Native Corp. http://www.afognak.com/media/pdf/lan...mit_policy.pdf They usually send out a brochure with letter and information pertaining to access the land as soon as the permits are awarded. Good Luck.
    There are a few strategic easements across there land, become familiar with them and then it is not necessary always to have the permit. The bear you are after is not just hanging near the Beach most likely!

If you find him below the high water mark you're on AK property and need no land permit, don't think that would stop me tho.