Thread: HWK Hunting with the Kids.

Default HWK Hunting with the Kids.

013.jpg
    We spotted this one and one more about a mile off the trail and started after them. They graze at four miles an hour and these looked a little gun shy so I figure they were going about five or six. Any way I knew I would just hold my son up so I told him to go getem and I would ditrect from the top of the hill. He was right on top of them and couldnt see them I was waving frantickly keep going, he took three steps and gained enough altitude to get a look at them. He looked them over and dumped this bad dad, one shot to the heart. Hit him so hard he shed and antler. The proudest moment was when I got down there with the wheeler and he already had it gutted out.
    I sent him back to College with a smile on his face and I went back to work with a smile on mine. I LOVE hunting with my kids.. Never pass up an opertunity to hunt with your kids..

Great job - great bull - thanks for sharing!

Good job Dad!

Agreed- hunting with my kid is one of the best things ever.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Awesome, I take my 4yo with as much as possible and love every minute.

great job dad... huntin wit kids is the greatest.... before kids you dont know what you would do with them and once you have them you dont know what you would do without them...this was told to me just before my son was born and truer words have never been spoken....please pass along my congrats to your son for his fine trophy
    Dave

Congrats to you both.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Congrats to the both of you for sure...!!! Yes, although my son has yet to kill a big game animal, he was with me, and actually helped me call in a couple bull moose over the years. I hope that to change soon though as I just bought him a 325 for his 22nd b-day this past summer. WOW.....22 already...!!! I remember when he was head shooting grouse in the yard with the pellet gun at around 7 years old.

Indeed.....to all those fathers wanting to hunt with their sons, get on it now....instill that desire, as the years fly by EXTREMELY fast, and before ya know it they're into cars and girls.....lol. Don't get me wrong, and I'm glad my son still want's to hunt with me, I just wish I would have made it happen a bit more sooner. Hopefully now it will just give me more motivation to stay in decent shape.......lol.

Again, a heartfelt congrats to you and your son HWK. How special moments are made...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Not just hunting, also fishing, shrooming and any activities they are interested in! and just spend time with them! They grow up way too fast!

Congrats! Great family sharing time.

Great shot and picture. Looks to me like Denali Hwy. Was it in unit 13?
    Dan