Thread: What calls to load on FoxPro?

Default What calls to load on FoxPro?

I'm looking at an entry level FoxPro and have choices to make on what calls to load. I've attached the link to their sample sounds. Here's what I would like to know...
    What's on your "must have" list?
    Don't waste your time list?
    and my favorite..."You'd be surprised, but this really worked well" list.

http://www.foxprosounds.com/foxprosoundpreviews.html

Thanks all,
    Grizz
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

Wish i could help you more but snowshoe and mouse is what we have used, but we are still learning as well. Good luck, i have heard some of the other distress calls can works certain times of the year.

I figured the snowshoe, wolf, and fox calls, and you KNOW the Titmouse is going on there, but are so many 'yote sounds I need to weed some of them out. Plus, wondering if the fawn in distress would bring in the dogs or bigger (brown) predator?

Also saw there were many, many bird calls on there. What the hell does a "worried woodpecker" call bring in???
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

More worried woodpeckers! lol. Got my new fox pro CS. Had a 100 calls put on it. I got all the fox, coyote, wolf, and raven and magpie calls. I also got all the rabbit and vole calls. You just never know what's going to work from one day or one hour to the next. Just playing around with it on the deck called in raven and magpi's, along with one red headed woodpecker that had been hanging around the lodge all fall.
    It's kinda like fishing.. you never know which 'lure' is going to work each time. Rabbit (snoshoe and cottontail) seem to be the most consistant, at least for me, so far. Messed with calling wolves during moose season, just with our mouth, howling, and were able to call in two within 600 yards. If you have the ability, just get all the calls associated with anything that lives in your area and have fun.
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Man View Post
    I figured the snowshoe, wolf, and fox calls, and you KNOW the Titmouse is going on there, but are so many 'yote sounds I need to weed some of them out. Plus, wondering if the fawn in distress would bring in the dogs or bigger (brown) predator?

Also saw there were many, many bird calls on there. What the hell does a "worried woodpecker" call bring in???
    fawn in distress is not all that different from an actualy calf in distress, we listend to one get eatin, few years back.. 20 min later.. yeah.. fawn and doe in distress sound like crying moose and caribou calf.. i use them... and did call in grizz this spring with them..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I have used this for coyotes with success
    C23 - Female Coyote Challenge Barks
    207 - Coyote Locater
    210 - Coyote Death Cry
    C15 - Female Coyote Bark Howl
    C16 - Female Coyote Howls
    C17 - Coy Fem Whimpers
    C18 - Coyote Female Bark Howl 2
    C19 - Coyote Female Long Howl 1
    C20 - Coyote Female Long Howl 2
    C21 - Coyote Female Long Howl 3

Used this with brown and black bear with success

233 - Jackrabbit Distress

Tried the showshoe hares etc..and nothing beat his Jackrabbit..not sure why in AK..but it works alot
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Duckhunter, Thank You that is most helpful, as I am also ready to order a FoxPro.

Thanks Duckhunter. rep inbound. That's just the info I was looking for........what else have your guys tried?

Have had great success with the C23. we use it to locate them along with the locator howls...they love most of the female ones. I have never used any birds up in AK..did down south..but seems the JR is key for bears fox etc...not sure why..but have had them really get close with that one in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Duckhunter, Thank You that is most helpful, as I am also ready to order a FoxPro.
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

For bears nothing... never had too. to be honest..they give you way to many options and it can be confusing at times with all that info.. I tried the first year with it..(4 years ago)..and got lucky with a black bear at about 15ft before we shot it..had browns come running in as well. Just be prepared as discussed on the forum many times with calling...they are coming in to kill and eat..be prepared and have a back up buddy ready as well. Only had one come in slow..

Have used it after we spotted them as well way up on the ridge to pull them down. it has worked for that as well if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Man View Post
    Thanks Duckhunter. rep inbound. That's just the info I was looking for........what else have your guys tried?

Thanks, tvfinak is willing to buy the CS24 B for me as I am a rural parasite. and I need to choose 100 calls for my $599.99 call

Thanks for the responses and advise. I loaded up the caller and it shipped out today. Happy hunting all!