Thread: Spamers for "Legal" bait.....

Default Spamers for "Legal" bait.....

I would sure be nice if we could catch those who "Spam" this Forum, and use them for baiting bears.

Not sure I would want to eat anything that ate them.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

It would be nice to eliminate them, that's for sure. Just a bunch of blah blah gibberish there...it would be great if they just crawled back under the rock from where they came from.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Are they considered deleterious and/or exotic game? If so, no limit and no closed season.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

The problem with this is that these are mostly "robo-spammers", meaning it's just a computer program designed to find addresses/sites and send this crap out there. Any bear that would be drawn in by these robo-spammers would likely still live with their parents, plus very well may have a pocket protector and white tape on their glasses, which really doesn't make for a good rug.

Is that stereotyping? If so, I apologize.

I've been fighting a constant battle against these guys on the forum on my site, too. The spam isn't even being posted by humans. There are hackers in China writing (and continually updating) computer code to that automatically runs around the web looking for forums and trying to post as many links as possible (often hundreds or thousands at once). The links themselves aren't intended for humans, either, but for search engines to inflate the importance of some page that somewhere, eventually, is trying to sell a real product or advertisement to a real human. The spammers are constantly updating their code to get around forum security measures, so forum admins have to keep updating on their own in a seemingly endless digital war. Kudos to Michael Strahan and the others who run this site for keeping it pretty clean. It's not as easy as you'd think.
    Jason
    http://www.troutnut.com -- Fly fishing photos & insect hatch encyclopedia.
    http://www.daltoncorridormap.com -- Exact 5-mile Haul Road corridor boundary for GPS & Google Earth

The spammers have many more hands on deck than the anti spammers. And they can't be tracked down because most are overseas: