Thread: 2000 Polaris RMK Reverse

Default 2000 Polaris RMK Reverse

I am looking for parts to put a reverse gear on my 2000 Polaris RMK. (Chain case cover, lower gear, reverse arm, etc)

Polaris no longer makes these parts, so i'm hoping someone out there has a sled they are parting out.

If you have any suggestions of where I might find these parts, I would really appreciate the help

Thanks,

-Dan

Try Alaska Snowmobile salvage in Anchorage.
    What about the guy on the side of the hwy out around Peters Creek area, bug blue house on right headed to valley. (Another used parts place).
    lastly, try John at older snowmachine repair in Wasilla.
    BK

Try Verba's in Soldotna. Good, knowledgeable people.....

(907) 262-5020

Having gone through the exercise of repairing a revers chaincase because the previous owner incorrectly re-assembled it which chunked out one of the gears and cracked the back housing I can provide some helpful tips when looking for parts for chaincases. First of all, get the manufacturers p/n for all the pieces you need. Do an ebay search on all the part numbers and possible descriptions of the parts. Reverse chaincases are very popular, so they are hard to come by. If you find a complete one on ebay, or at a local salvage yard, just pay the man and be happy. You could spend all winter searching unsuccessfully, so when you find what you want, buy it.

I was fortunate to find the parts I need via a combinaion of e-bay and Alaska Snow Salvage. With Alaska salavage I found it was best to go to the shop, part in hand and p/n in hand. If you call them up and say you are looking for a paticular part, they will rarely call you back. They seem to part out chaincases vs selling them complete, hence why you'll want to have the p/n's on hand.

Good luck on your search!
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Default 2000 Polaris RMK Reverse

Go talk with Ben at snow machine salvage.... The phone there rings all day long.... From people world wide. Take the part you need go down there and most likely you walk out with the parts.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..