Thread: Book sugestion

Default Book sugestion

I am looking to do more shooting and would like to get a good book on ballistics and techniques in rifle marksmanship. I shoot an encore muzzle loader 50 cal and want to purchase another barrel for it. A larger caliber for big game up to elk sized. I have too many questions at the range and noone to ask so that is why I need input on a good book.

Thanks, Joel

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Zadvorney View Post
    I am looking to do more shooting and would like to get a good book on ballistics and techniques in rifle marksmanship. I shoot an encore muzzle loader 50 cal and want to purchase another barrel for it. A larger caliber for big game up to elk sized. I have too many questions at the range and noone to ask so that is why I need input on a good book.

Thanks, Joel
    I'm not sure that your rifle lends itself to aid in developing good rifle skills but the book "The Art of the Rifle" By Col. Jeff Cooper is an extremely well done book for training and technique. There are many drills and tips for shooting a modern rifle and no better book is available. It is simple and to the point with out B.S. and other filler comments, true to the style of the master.

As for ballistics I would suggest a good reloading manual. They have some internal, external and terminal ballistics info. You'll need it all.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Thanks, I'm looking for it on line and plan on ordering it.
    Joel