Thread: Do I sell my Drift Boat?

Default Do I sell my Drift Boat?

Hey folks,
    Im moving to the Palmer area in a few months. I was wondering if I should bring my boat? I've owned it since "94" and fiscal between 50&75 days a year. But to my knowledge there isn't much use for it around Palmer right? Any imput would be great!
    thanks, Kris

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know about Palmer but I would never sell my Driftboat.
    Besides running rivers with it I use it all the time for trout fishing on the local lakes.
    I bought an electric trolling motor for it and it works pretty good trolling around the lake. Especially this year with the lousy King season we had.
    Driftboats are far more usefull than just river fishing. They are also easy to tow for the occasional trip down to the Peninsula or elsewhere.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

I wouldn't sell it, you an use it on some of the streams up here in the valley. The only way I would think it might be worth it if you were going to sell it and buy a jet boat.

Where did you live before? Don't sell it until you see what use you get from it. You will probably look at different rafts for use out here or a jet (as mentioned earlier). Even if it sits in the yard for a year or two (unused) at this point you're not going to lose any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Where did you live before? Don't sell it until you see what use you get from it. You will probably look at different rafts for use out here or a jet (as mentioned earlier). Even if it sits in the yard for a year or two (unused) at this point you're not going to lose any money on it.

I agree with what Gary said, also as mentioned before there are plenty of lakes out here you could use it on as well. I would wait to sell it until after you see what you can get away with using it on out here.

Don't know where your at but agree with whats been said. The Kenai isn't near Palmer, but its just a 3hr drive. Plus if you wait to sell it here you most likely could get more $$$ here in Ak than down south.

Default Re: Do I sell my Drift Boat?

I live in southern Oregon right now. Unfortunately I sold my 21'sled a few months back. I had to finance my move, so my toys took a beating! I have more then enough funds now. After some of your guys trout pictures I think I'll drag it up again!

I love me some big trout!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2