Thread: Anchor Sight

Thumbs up Anchor Sight

Hello All,

For any compound bowhunter who is interested in fine tuning your shot, this Anchor Sight will help by bounds. I have a pretty good shot group and understand the importance of shot placement as you usually have one chance to make a good shot. I would have gone out on any hunt knowing that my shot was going to hit the mark within a couple inches depending on the conditions(shivers, wind, scared). I dont like knowing I could be a couple inches off and have tried different breathing techniques and so on. Long story short, I was watching a hunting show for caribou and noticed this gadget on this guys bow and at the end of the show he plugged the gadget. Its the Anchor Sight. I bought in to the concept and ordered it. I dont like buying "made for TV crap" and was very hesitant but did it anyway in the hopes of fine tuning my shot. I have succeeded. I didnt realize the amount of wrist movement I had until now and that made a world of difference. I touch arrows every shot and even racked up a few broken knocks. Now I shoot at standard five shot targets trying not to waste arrows.
    It is kind of a pain to tune in because the adjustments become minute toward the end and trying to do it by yourself will take it out of you because you have to be at full draw to tune it. Anyway, give it a look see and I hope it helps if you buy in to the concept as I did.

http://www.archeryinnovations.com

If you do order it call the guy. Its a little business and the guy had a hard time filling orders after that hunting show aired because the show did not have permission to advertise. I still got it in about a week.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."Jim Henderson

Looks like it has glass in it, that means it can't be used for hunting in AK right?
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default From their site to F&G

"It is a scope you look into through a magnifying lens and view a display which consists of tiny characters printed on a Glow disc. The characters are dashes and spaces which form a cross similar to a rifle scope. The characters do not appear small when viewed through the lens because of the magnification, and because the scope is attached to the ridged part of the bow (not the string) you are actually watching a highly magnified movement of the bow and arrow."

In the General Regulations. You may not:
    Page 16: Use of scopes attached to the bow or arrow for optical enhancement.

I can not find out if it has batteries. If it does them you have a double wammy.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

looks like it'd be fun to try on the range, but ilegal for hunting... I'd love to try one on the range, I've never actually used a bow with sights before, might be fun!

It is not actually a scope that you look through, as much as into, and it has nothing to do with actually centering on a target. It replaces the need for a peep sight in that you do not see a centered dot unless your eye is in exactly the right location, meaning your anchor point is consistent and the same. You still need a sight and to put the pin on the target. The principal is like looking through a rifle scope; if your eye is an inch out of place, all you see is black, as the gun is not in the correct position. I am not sure if it would be illegal, as it does not magnify any target image and has nothing to do with shot placement or target acquisition.

Default F&G

It is something that you would have to take to F&G and have them look at it. I understand the principal but the language of the law says no scopes. Law does not say you have to be looking in the scope The web site for the company says it is a scope.

There are many "gray" areas of the laws and one never ending delima is the advancement of technology.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Quote Originally Posted by wykee5 View Post
    It is not actually a scope that you look through, as much as into, and it has nothing to do with actually centering on a target. It replaces the need for a peep sight in that you do not see a centered dot unless your eye is in exactly the right location, meaning your anchor point is consistent and the same. You still need a sight and to put the pin on the target. The principal is like looking through a rifle scope; if your eye is an inch out of place, all you see is black, as the gun is not in the correct position. I am not sure if it would be illegal, as it does not magnify any target image and has nothing to do with shot placement or target acquisition.
    interesting if someone gets an aswer from ADFG I'd be interested to hear it

Just another version of the no peep. http://www.timberline-archery.com/default1.asp

It's a nice thing for those that has problem with allignment. It has no lense so it can be used up here.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    It's a nice thing for those that has problem with allignment. It has no lense so it can be used up here.

Sorry guys, I should have said that it is legal because it is a gauge, not a scope(ADF&G verified). There are some smaller versions available through different companies I have been told. As stated before, it just helps with getting your shots the same every time. I mentioned it mainly for the 'Bou hunters as I think it would help with most shots encountered in strange positions. It helps with all shots though. My grouping greatly improved. It is seen in your perifial vision below or above your pins or sights depending on how you set it up. Worth the investment if you are into consistency. I didnt realize how much trigger release and/or wrist movement could effect a shot until I used this device.

Oh yeah, no batteries. It uses ambient light like Tru-Glo.
    Last edited by MooseFlyinGoggles; 05-06-2007 at 00:05. Reason: Forgot something

This seems to do about the same as the No Peep. I've been using the NP for about four years and don't miss using the peep one bit. Once adjusted, it lets you know if your anchor point is off the least amount. Another feature is it will also tell you if you are torqueing the bow. Something easy to do when shooting from an unusual position.